The District 12 race is about to get, well, interesting

Recognize that smile? Kinda looks like he inherited it from the Quen Be. Oh, because he did.

Okay, so you got this crazy right-wing, Mr. Family Values (though he is not) Manny Steele in District 12. And, he likes to talk about guns and wombs and how gays are destroying our society. He also is looking for Obama’s birth certificate.

So what Democrat would you put up against him? A flaming liberal. No, that wouldn’t be such a good idea, that, and they don’t exist in SD. How about a guy whose parents were once Dems, became Republicans when the money got better, but still act like moderate independents?

Well the campaign mode is in full swing in the Knudson house (not Dave this time, even though they are using his campaign designs) But Mike Knudson, his son, is running in District 12, as a Democrat, against Manny Steele.

If elected Mike, don’t get caught watching TV on the House floor.

#1 l3wis on 03.08.12 at 8:10 am

Looks like the Knudson family will be delivered the triple whammy. Dave loses as Gov, De loses on the city council, and Mike loses against Crazy Steele. Maybe they need to hire a new design team?

#2 Alice15 on 03.08.12 at 8:25 am

I heard Manny is not running because of health issues. Can anyone confirm this?

#3 Alice15 on 03.08.12 at 8:32 am

I stand corrected – Kelo states that he is seeking another term – so I guess I will go with that. Even though I can’t stand Manny’s barefoot and pregnant stance on women (and I am pretty conservative), I think Mike may have a tough time beating him.

#4 Scott on 03.08.12 at 9:19 am

More visitors to the Knudson palace!!!

#5 scott on 03.08.12 at 5:07 pm

His parents must be disappointed in his party affiliation.

#6 Hilarious on 03.08.12 at 6:01 pm

His parents aren’t upset about his party affiliation. The egg doesn’t fall far from the chicken.

#7 l3wis on 03.08.12 at 9:59 pm

Hilarious is right. De and Dav changed their party affiliation because of money, not because they wanted to. To be honest with you, I would support Mike in any way shape or form. Manny Steele is gigantic fucking hypocrite who shits on his own family members (I won’t go into this). Anyone, and I mean Anyone, would be better then Steele.

#8 concerned liberal on 03.08.12 at 10:52 pm

District 12 lost two Democratic precincts in the redistricting. Making it harder for a Dem to win in 12.
The real issue in 12 should be whether they want to continue to be represented by the “Senator from Sanford.”

#9 l3wis on 03.09.12 at 5:45 am

Yeah, surprised De doesn’t work there too. It’s like a freaking Huetterite colony in the executive offices of Sanford.

#10 Alice15 on 03.09.12 at 7:22 pm

I am sure that is why the news stations were reporting he works for a local “health system.” Seriously – once again – do these people that want to go into public service think we are flippin’ stupid? If you have to hide your employment – what the hell does that say?

#11 l3wis on 03.09.12 at 10:50 pm

No kidding. Huh?

#12 concerned liberal on 03.11.12 at 12:16 am

A member of the Janklow/Daschle/Johnson Party.