Is America the greatest nation?

YouTube Preview Image

#1 Justin on 07.18.12 at 12:55 am

This can’t be true. Sean Hannity says America is the greatest gift God has given man in the history of the world.

Who really cares? What does it mean to be the greatest nation? Our economy is still the largest but someday it may not be.

That show Newsroom looks fun though, too bad I don’t have HBO.

#2 Helga on 07.18.12 at 1:55 am

http://theinteractive.com/2012/06/aaron-sorkin-newsroom-streaming/ First show is free to watch here.

#3 Guest Poster on 07.18.12 at 6:49 am

If you think you have delicate ears and do not want 3 ½ minutes of strong words and truth, don’t click the link. This sums my up feelings beautifully and why I do what I do…

I have traveled widely in my life and experienced freedoms elsewhere we could never seem to have here. Yes it is nice to come back to this country and by traveling you do see what is missing in our current state of affairs in this country.

I do not take lightly the passiveness of liberals nor the aggressiveness of TeaBagger ignorance. God did not bless this land any more than the rest of the earth. What we were bless with is a formerly isolated place on this earth where our forefathers were able to experiment in liberal concepts of personal freedoms.

Our ‘betters’ (the 1%) amongst us have decided we no longer should be the land of true freedom and it is time for the experiment to end. Take your pick, keep on with our forefather’s dreams or let the ignorance take us back to serfdom of the middle ages.

#4 rufusx on 07.18.12 at 9:42 am

Our forefathers excercised their individual freedoms most strongly when they left the counties that were suppressing them and went to a place where they could be more free (Used to be here). Please note – this is NOT a love it or leave it rant. The fact is – Americans are leaving for freer, greener pastures at a record pace over the past decade, and it’s accelerating. And those who are leaving tend to be the most educated, most experienced, and most skilled among us.

#5 Daizi46 on 07.18.12 at 2:35 pm

You must be watching The Newsroom on HBO…good show…worth watching…getting excited again for actual NEWS and not fluff…

#6 Jackilope on 07.19.12 at 12:13 pm

If you want actual news, BBC or Al Jazeera run circles around this corporate sensored garbage.

I have HBO and love The Newsroom. It is already renewed for another season — and I have heard that some in the mainstream media are panning it. Most likely because it exposes them for the corporate sell outs they are.

#7 Jackilope on 07.19.12 at 12:15 pm

Errrr “censored”, not sensored.

#8 l3wis on 07.19.12 at 2:18 pm

I watched the first episode. Good stuff.

But, still waiting for the Walking Dead to return . . .

#9 Tom H. on 07.20.12 at 10:49 am

“Yosemite?”

What a great line.

#10 l3wis on 07.20.12 at 12:17 pm

I like the part about the sorority girl accidentally stumbling into a voting booth. BAHAHAHAHA! Reminds me of the EC election.

#11 Testor15 on 07.21.12 at 12:18 pm

Two more take away lines:

“Speaking truth to stupid”

“I am too old to be governed by dumb people”