Snowgates: Get ready for the vote!

I got word this week that the city is anticipating snowgates will be on the Spring ballot with the school board election.

The drive is well past the 4,800 signatures needed. Hopefully next week they will be turned in – I have a number, but I am going to let the public be WOWED!.

BTW, I was told today that a prominent state politician signed the petition, and when asked why they signed it, they said, “Because my neighbor died of a heart attack scooping that berm of snow out of the end of their driveway.”

One more reason these need to be approved.

While that might not be a very good selling point (or heck, maybe it is) I think we should come up with a slogan for snowgates.

Here’s mine;

‘DEATH TO THE SHOVEL!’

Give me your best shot!

#1 grudznick on 10.24.12 at 10:42 pm

Good job Mr. E!

#2 l3wis on 10.24.12 at 11:09 pm

I can’t take the credit. I only got one sheet filled out, I’m not the collecting type. Over 40 volunteers have helped and people have stepped over the top of each other to sign it.

While I made light of the situation, this really is a public safety issue. There is NO reason we should pay taxes for a service that is not completed. What good is a clean street if we have to risk our health and well being to get to that street? I remember one time digging out the berm with a spade. It took me two hours! It is a disservice to not provide snowgates.

#3 grudznick on 10.24.12 at 11:18 pm

I wholeheartedly agree. The “Dont Plow Me In You Bitch” law should be statewide.

#4 Craig on 10.25.12 at 8:54 am

Here is my slogan:

“If God intended that snow to be in my driveway, he would have dropped it there himself!”

Or how about:

“Snowgates save lives… and kittens. Won’t you think about the kittens?”

Or maybe:

“Snowgates: Pushing aside piles of city BS since 2009!”

#5 Craig on 10.25.12 at 3:52 pm

I saw big T today at the Minnehaha County Admin building and I finally was able to sign my name to the list.

I told her I visited DaCola and commented here… so if you’re reading this Theresa all I can say is keep up the good work.

#6 Detroit Lewis on 10.25.12 at 4:22 pm

She told me you stopped by. Thank you for signing.

#7 Pathloss on 10.26.12 at 10:51 am

Go Theresa. This is the first poll of votes against the mayor and his red city government.

#8 Pathloss on 10.26.12 at 10:56 am

It’s snow crap and it’s in your right-of-way.

#9 Jackilope on 10.26.12 at 8:59 pm

I Always Wanted To Be In A Snow-Gated Community

Snow Balls, not Snow Walls

BTW, I still want to sign!

#10 Testor15 on 10.27.12 at 9:18 am

Vote early, buy your license plates, get your driver’s license or just stop and see the petitions in the west entrance of the courthouse!

#11 Shelly on 10.27.12 at 7:42 pm

signed when i picked up my absentee ballot. turned my ballot in yesterday and took my son along so he could vote. he signed the petition, too.