TAKE THE SURVEY! Then attend this meeting!

The mayor has sent out this letter and survey. I find it interesting that once you complete the survey it takes you to the SF Chamber of Commerce page.

The interesting part about this meeting is how the city caters to the big wheels in this town, CONVENIENTLY holding this meeting at 7:30 AM on a Tuesday so it doesn’t interfere with anybody’s work schedule, and having it early enough in the morning so maybe none of the working stiffs in this town will notice. I also did a search on the city website to see if I could find a public notice about this meeting. No such luck.

Funny how the city can find time to have a meeting like this that is not on their 9-4 PM schedule, but when it comes to government meetings like the informational or the charter revision, they have them in the middle of the afternoon when NO ONE can attend. I guess when they are legislating and making rules and laws that effect the general public, they don’t want you to attend.

Click here if you would still like to participate in the survey about the Events Center.  We would greatly appreciate your feeedback!

#1 l3wis on 10.23.12 at 12:32 am

I put in that a box seat was worth about $1 and a loge seat was worth $.50. I wonder if that will screw up their averages?

#2 Alice15 on 10.23.12 at 9:42 am

Maybe I missed it, but last time I checked, neither hockey nor football had signed anything to be tenants. It does not surprise me that it goes straight to the Chamber website. You know who the new Chair of the Board is for the Chamber, don’t you?

#3 Detroit Lewis on 10.23.12 at 10:18 am

Rob Oliver, Mike’s best buddy.

#4 Scott on 10.23.12 at 4:46 pm

I also helped screw up their stats. lol I found it especially funny when they asked if 50k was a reasonable amount for a yearly box.

#5 Joan on 10.23.12 at 8:38 pm

I filled it out, but being I’m not connected with any business I filled it out, so that hopefully it blows their minds. I’m in one of my cranky granny moods tonight.

#6 Detroit Lewis on 10.23.12 at 9:14 pm

Scott – Did your old man get this email? I can’t imagine any business, big or small in SF spending that kind of money to watch Disney on ice and Brad Paisley.

#7 cr on 10.24.12 at 6:15 am

CSL, consultant to the 2009 Events Center Task Force, told the group at that time the going rate for a private suite was $37,000.

Fifty thousand is a 26% increase in three years…….???!!

#8 anooner on 10.24.12 at 9:52 am

The box prices include tickets to “all other events”? didn’t realize that is how these things are marketed and sold.

#9 Detroit Lewis on 10.24.12 at 9:34 pm

anoon – Didn’t you know they hired a professional marketing company?

LOL!