Varilek isn’t a square afterall. My bad.

Not sure how this video will hurt Matt. He thinks global warming is bad (which it is). Likes to drink beer (which is tasty) and thinks the environment needs advocates.

While Noem plays restaurant, cashes checks for farm subsidies, and  pretends to fix fence.

Stay tuned, Guest Poster is working on a multi-post story about Noem and her involvement with . . . well, let’s just say it is a tongue twister.

YouTube Preview Image

#1 Lemming on 10.17.12 at 11:33 pm

Varilek’s Platform = Kristi missed a meeting! Oh, boy…thats inspiring…
The fact that Matt won an award for “Gas Emissions” seems very appropriate!
I do give Matt Mad Props for the Corn Dogs and Beer party however! Double Props for the ‘repeat corndoggings’.

#2 Poly43 on 10.18.12 at 7:20 am

Let’s see. noem cashes in her monthly subsidy check back home while Matt is active in the global warming issue. Not a tough choice in my opinion. Keep drinking the kool-aid lemming.

#3 Grant Wentzel on 10.18.12 at 8:13 am

Wow, didn’t realize that Matt was so accomplished! (Probably not the reaction Noem was looking for.)

#4 caheidelberger on 10.18.12 at 8:17 am

Matt’s done much more serious, thoughtful work in his career than Kristi has.

#5 Craig on 10.18.12 at 9:01 am

I’ve got to say this video gives me a much better opinion of Varilek than it does Noem. He was bettering himself through education while Noem was collecting silly accolades from organizations nobody cares about.

What is it about the SD GOP that makes them so afraid of educated leaders? They tried the same thing with Herseth-Sandlin when they complained about her law degree. In my opinion this message is off base. We should respect and admire those with advanced degrees… not treat them as a threat.

#6 Tom H. on 10.18.12 at 9:10 am

If you remove all of the strange references to the corn-dog parties, then this ad has the following message:

Varilek: Obtained world-class education; did meaningful work on issue of global significance.

Noem: Farmed; got elected to small-state legislature from tiny district.

This is not to say that Noem’s lack of global involvement is a knock against her, but I fail to see how it’s an advantage for her. Do people realize that she’s a “Washington politician” now too?

#7 Detroit Lewis on 10.18.12 at 10:31 am

“Matt’s done much more serious, thoughtful work in his career than Kristi has.”

That’s what I took from the video.

#8 scott on 10.18.12 at 10:54 am

This is SD. We don’t like people with fancy book learnin’.

#9 Testor15 on 10.18.12 at 11:00 am

Actually as I was watching the video I assumed it was put on the Internet by Matt’s campaign. Each of Matt’s accomplishments are worthy of bragging rights, including the corn dogs.

I now have a greater appreciation of Matt V. Thanks to the SD GOP and Kristi’s friends at ALEC we now know more positive things about Matt!

#10 Scott on 10.18.12 at 1:37 pm

I love Matt’s anti-Noem ad where the Republican committee leader is telling her to turn her phone off.

#11 WOW! on 10.18.12 at 2:09 pm

Glad to see the SD GOP is run by idiots.

It makes them look little to dig at him about silly things.

Ok I don’t like Cap and Trade but I also don’t like idiots and congress people reciting talking points.

#12 rufusx on 10.18.12 at 3:28 pm

Message is “Vote for Kristi – she’s a ignorant hick – just like you.”

#13 hmr59 on 10.18.12 at 5:55 pm

The SDGOP reacts to intellectual achievement in the same calm, cool, and rational manner that the villagers do any number of old horror pictures on TCM this month. Their symbol should be an elephant with a pitchfork and a torch…

#14 Helga on 10.19.12 at 2:49 pm

Hard to believe people want to go outside of South Dakota for an education, study at well respected universities and then come back to South Dakota to use that new knowledge to make the state a better place. Instead of education everyone’s goal should be working to be soybean queen or king.

#15 anominous on 10.19.12 at 6:16 pm

It doesn’t make mention of any of Kristi’s “accomplishments”. I mean, speeding tickets.

#16 l3wis on 10.19.12 at 9:31 pm

anom- maybe she was trying to get to her Harvard classes on time . . . oh, wait.