I wanted to give an update and timeline of where we are on snowgates.
• Petitions were turned in on Tuesday
• The clerk’s office is validating them
• After validation, the city council has 10 days to call an election
• At the next city council informational meeting (I think next Tuesday, Dec 4th) City Clerk Hogstad and the city attorney will be answering questions about the special election.
• When the city council calls the election, they will have a choice between calling the date for either this Spring (2013) or Spring (2014).
I guess we will just be in a holding pattern until then.