Now that a City special election w/the School District has been denied, let’s talk contracts

I see that after the Sioux Falls City council has denied a special snowgate election this Spring with the school district, they are going to discuss how they will hold special elections with the School District in the future;

#51 Deffered: Joint elections – agreement to share expenses.

I have often believed that the SNAFU with the School District and the missing mini-van ballots was one of the reason(s) the city council denied the snowgate election this Spring. The city simply doesn’t want to work with the school district in the future for special elections, that is also why they have allowed this Contract (sfsdcity) to be deferred for so long. I would suspect this will probably set a precedent in the future, I suspect future councils will continue to deny joint elections with the school district. It is a shame really when local government officials from different branches cannot get along and work together, because ultimately in the end, they all work for us, the taxpayer.

As I said to a friend the other day about our city, county and school district local government,

“It’s a F’ing mess!”

#1 Karma on 02.04.13 at 1:55 pm

Just take a look at who runs city government and who runs the SF School District and that answers every question you have. Those two have no idea how to work together unless it is their own idea.

#2 Helga on 02.04.13 at 2:55 pm

“It’s a F’ing mess!” No doubt about that.

#3 l3wis on 02.04.13 at 4:21 pm

I did say that. I have never seen so much self-interest, greed, back-biting and pissing matches in my entire life. And Mr. Business Acumen has fueled it all. You don’t run the marketing department of one of the worst CC companies in the country by being ‘fair’. I warned everyone about this dude, and they worried about the history professor not spending any money. I look back on all that now and just shake my head.

#4 Winston on 02.04.13 at 10:01 pm

The professor’s tan suit incident alongside the CC executive was the true turning point in that campaign.

#5 Detroit Lewis on 02.04.13 at 10:35 pm

I know?! Right?! I liked the tan suit. Earth tones, very uncommon for a Republican :) But you cannot believe the people whose dicks went limp over the tan suit. Nevermind that Mr. Bluesuit made a living at fucking people with bad credit over, while Mr. Tan suit taught constitutional rights and fiscal responsibility. The most amazing part is that Kermit is wonderful, one-on-one, he would blow Mike out of the water, but Mike is a master of the masses. His latest Bullshit about faith and praying is the frosting on the cake. That guy wouldn’t know faith and spirituality even if it was served to him in a tennis ball match. He is the exact opposite of it.

#6 Karma on 02.05.13 at 10:56 am

MMM is similar to Ray Lewis – you can speak faith, God, and religion all you want, however, some of us watch and observe your actions and they don’t match.

I can’t even put all of the full blame on MMM. Dr Homan is as closed door and self-serving as they come. She’ll speak that it is all about the students and the teachers. Once again, her actions and treatment of people do not match her words.

As I always say, what goes around, comes around. Unfortunately – their coming around isn’t coming fast enough for most of us.

#7 Detroit Lewis on 02.05.13 at 10:10 pm

I noticed the CC deferred this item again. Until September 17, 2013. LOL. Talk about running for the hills.