TenHaken predictions; DaCola 1 for 1

Well I got my first prediction of the TenHaken administration correct;

Mayor Paul TenHaken today announced the first key appointment of his new administration. T.J. Nelson was selected to serve as Deputy Chief of Staff and public information officer for the City.

T.J., one word of advice, probably shouldn’t have a typo in your first press release. It’s ‘Health’ not ‘Heath’.

So let’s see if DaCola can go 2 for 2. My next prediction, Erica Beck as Chief of Staff.

#1 My Mistake Mike on 05.16.18 at 11:21 am

Another word of advice for T.J. – tell your wife to stay off social media. I saw that was trolling Jolene supporters throughout the last week of the campaign.

So T.J. worked for Mike Rounds? Safe to assume he was part of the PTH doxing team trying to out “RINOMike”?

Clearly a political payback hire. Bad choice if you’re trying to appear transparent.

#2 D@ily Spin on 05.16.18 at 12:23 pm

Heath was an actor in Brokeback Mountain.

#3 "Very Stable Genius" on 05.16.18 at 12:48 pm

Is it true that we are going to drop Potsdam for the Holy See?…… That’s what I am hearing……

#4 Matthew Paulson on 05.16.18 at 1:28 pm

TJ is a natural choice. Erica Beck would not be a big surprise either.

#5 anonymous on 05.16.18 at 2:18 pm

TJ Nelson, former Senior Communications Specialist for Sanford Health and former staffer for US Senator Mike Rounds

Now, Deputy Chief of Staff for SF Mayor Paul TenHaken

Hmm……

Also, do I understand correctly that PTH thinks he needs TWO people to serve as his chief(s) of staff?

#6 Dutch Oven on 05.16.18 at 2:29 pm

Seems likely Cory Myers will take a position soon too.

#7 l3wis on 05.16.18 at 3:37 pm

DO – Doing What?!!! I know he used to be a part of the digital team at the Argus, but not sure if I would want him running the city’s central services.

#8 Warren Phear on 05.16.18 at 4:05 pm

tj is a natural choice matthew? Please elaborate. From what I can tell both are evangels and trump/rounds apologists. Is there more matthew?

#9 Blasphemo on 05.16.18 at 7:44 pm

“Natural choice”, indeed. Good Q, Warren Phear. Now, boy?

#10 "Very Stable Genius" on 05.16.18 at 8:22 pm

You know, Reagan was heavily dependent upon his Chief of Staff too…. In fact, he had three noted ones plus Nancy….

#11 Matthew Paulson on 05.16.18 at 10:50 pm

When you start a new management position, you bring the people you know, like and trust with you. TJ was a workhorse on the campaign and will do the same for city hall. Who were you guys expecting him to hire?

#12 Warren Phear on 05.17.18 at 7:13 am

It is not so much a question of who Matthew, it is a question of why? Why a chief of staff, AND a deputy chief?

#13 "Very Stable Genius" on 05.17.18 at 2:51 pm

I just keep thinking about how the Mayor last month at Democratic Forum said, that he pulled out of a state legislative race a couple of years ago, because he didn’t want the “R” behind his name….. (?)