Daylight savings time. Why?

#1 matt johnson on 03.10.19 at 8:56 pm

couldn’t find anything else to bit@# about today? go by any of the city’s youth ball diamonds in the summer- games are still going on at 9 pm- not possible without daylight savings; or how about golf courses, non-lighted tennis courts or the parks in general ; families are able to enjoy all of these activities and not have to start them at 5 in the evening when a number of people are just getting off work

#2 "Very Stable Genius" on 03.10.19 at 9:16 pm

“Farm People:” I love it!

I believe that was also the title of an unfinished novel by George Orwell, where the “Farm People” rise up against corporate farms, a hempless Governor, pipeline crazy multi-national oil companies, and an orange president, whose trade policies force the “Farm People” to get jobs at their neighboring Walmart to supplement their incomes.

#3 l3wis on 03.11.19 at 8:50 am

MJ, so we should inconvenience millions of working Americans for youth sports? LOL. And BTW, last I checked, most of these facilities are lighted. It’s this crazy thing called ‘electricity’.

#4 LJL on 03.11.19 at 9:04 am

The dramatic rise of full time couch potatos explains the increase of DST whining. If you live and work under the sun, you love DST.

I vote to keep us on DST year round.

#5 matt johnson on 03.11.19 at 2:42 pm

wis most of the youth sports facilities are not lit; they play softball and baseball atKuehn, Dunham, Elmwood, Burnside, Terrace Park, Paisley, Frank Olson- none of which have the crazy thing you talk about; I think there are two soccer fields that have lights, very few of the tennis courts, and none of the golf courses; the millions of American workers being “inconvenienced” are the ones whose kids are playing the youth sports; and what exactly is the ; “inconvenience” of having a little more family time in the free parks on nice summer nights; if you don’t have the facts you should maybe quit laughing and look for them

#6 l3wis on 03.11.19 at 3:13 pm

My argument is just leaving it one way or the other. I’m fine with just leaving it Daylight savings time, all the time.

#7 matt johnson on 03.11.19 at 3:18 pm

That argument may have merit- the one problem I see is the number of kids waiting for buses (to school in the mornings) in the dark; you can’t, however, bring yourself to admit you were wrong about all of those well-lit athletic fields for youth sports; laughing at you

#8 l3wis on 03.11.19 at 4:03 pm

MJ, since I don’t have children and could give two sh*ts about ANY sporting event I really don’t care about the lighting situation. I used to have to stand in a snowbank in the dark while waiting for the bus. Builds character, more than playing Pickleball in the dark.

#9 matt johnson on 03.11.19 at 4:15 pm

but you won’t admit you were wrong- always got to bring it back to you; a number of people do care about youth sports; but we are supposed to care about your precious activities, such as pride festivals in the park- and why would you be foolish enough to stand in the snow bank?

#10 l3wis on 03.11.19 at 4:18 pm

Pride festival doesn’t need lights, they have glo sticks dummy. Now who is wrong?

#11 scott on 03.11.19 at 5:50 pm

i’m pretty sure the previous mayor ordered lights at all
tennis courts to be turned on 24 hours a day year round.

#12 wayne on 03.11.19 at 6:52 pm

I actually just saw over 30 states are moving to dst year round I think it is a great idea

#13 matt johnson on 03.11.19 at 8:33 pm

I didn’t say that the pride festival needed lights. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy- if you don’t care about something you can even lie about the facility (lighted fields) they have to conduct it. However, when not every one gives ten sh*ts about something you care about they are criticized as not caring. And you didn’t explain why you were so dumb as to stand in a snow bank.