In memory of Sideshow (1976-2001)

I aquired some of Sideshow’s stuff recently I thought I would share with those who knew him. He used to work at Kinko’s, bartended at TC’s Refereee and played in the R & R band ‘The Sneakies’ Here’s some gems.

This was from a serious of photos some fruitcake took of him. Long story.

His first Halibut he caught in Seward, Alaska

This is him as Homer Simpson. I think everyone should draw themselves as a Simpson’s character.

#1 hosepheffer on 11.25.08 at 6:19 pm

i miss him, especially this time of year.

#2 Beer Jew on 11.26.08 at 5:51 am

Scott-
Do you have the Robert Anderson birthday card Matt made for you? That thing was friggin priceless!! I still bust a gut every time I think of that.
I wasn’t close to Matt but I always considered him a friend. I was in a hotel room in Minneapolis getting ready to go to a job interview when I read his obit online. I got the job after I graduated anyway. Thanks Matt!

#3 l3wis on 11.26.08 at 7:10 am

For those who may not know, one year for my birthday Matt made me some special wrapping paper. He wrapped my present in a large-format copy of Robert Leroy Anderson. It was from a picture of Robert that was on the front page of the AL on Mother’s Day (one of the many AL follies). Robert was on a prison phone and Matt drew him to look like John Wayne Gacy in his clown (POGO) outfit. And Robert was saying to me “Happy Birthday Scott”.

#4 Johnny Roastbeef on 11.26.08 at 8:33 am

Wow, that first picture of Sideshow is weird. Is that his chest hair? I remember getting the second picture when he was in Seward, Alaska. That looks like the Sideshow I know.

His uncle with the same name has a radio show on AM 1230. I listen to it when I drive home from work.

#5 l3wis on 11.26.08 at 8:52 am

Matt was never a fan of Matt

#6 l3wis on 11.26.08 at 8:52 am

and vice-versa

#7 Johnny Roastbeef on 11.26.08 at 9:01 am

Yeah, I had that conversation with both of them.

Matt was my landlord and his aunt was my neighbor at one point.

#8 Beer Jew on 11.26.08 at 10:16 am

Scott- Didn’t you get me a Sneakies shirt for Christmas one year? I was going through my closet getting stuff ready for a Goodwill run and found that damn thing still in there.
Sprint cars and The Sneakies..woooooooooo!

#9 l3wis on 11.26.08 at 12:02 pm

I think I might have gave it to you? Jesse and I still wear ours.