South DaCola Fest III; The attack of the babies

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly movies

We moved the event to a non-smoking quieter venue which only resulted in my contributors dangling their babies in my face (and one soon to be baby, but not dangling). Though their children are cute and fun, it still hasn’t changed my mind about marriage or children; still no interest.

While they were home changing diapers and practicing breathing exercises after the event, I was doing what I enjoy best (see above image).

#1 Ghost of Dude on 03.19.09 at 11:00 am

Actually, I went home and baked a loaf of ciabatta bread for today’s lunch.

That’s “baked”, not “pinched off”.

#2 l3wis on 03.19.09 at 11:12 am

Well aren’t you the little Mr. Mom.

#3 Warren Phear on 03.19.09 at 11:26 am

Careful l3wis. I resemble that remark.

#4 Ghost of Dude on 03.19.09 at 11:27 am

It’s easier than brewing beer. In fact, if you can read, count, have even infantile manual dextarity, and know how to work your oven, you too can have the same bread that costs $4/loaf at a bakery for $.50.

#5 l3wis on 03.19.09 at 11:28 am

Warren- Go drink an O’Dells and finish the laundry already.

#6 Warren Phear on 03.19.09 at 11:57 am

I drank three of em last night. Tastes great, but I don’t think I’d want to drink that stuff all the time though. I already spend an hour a day exercising, I don’t need to increase that to two. I was reading the label also. Is that stuff 7% alcohol? And whats with the dancing elephant?

I’m done with the laundry, AND I got the stuff ready to go for supper. Steaks for the grill, baked taters, and some steamed veggies. Even I can’t screw that up.

Oh, and it’s Thursday. Boys night out. Ain’t life great.

Gotta go. The dog says it’s time to go for a walk out back.

Ciabatta bread eh? Is your recipe googleable? Maybe I can earn some extra brownie points.

#7 l3wis on 03.19.09 at 12:02 pm

Warren-

You missed babyfest last night. Angry people even have beautiful children.

#8 Angry Guy on 03.19.09 at 1:58 pm

They are only cute in public.. get Angry Tot home and she’s the frickin’ DEVIL!

#9 Ghost of Dude on 03.19.09 at 1:59 pm

Ciabatta bread:

4 cups flour, 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast (check the expiration date), 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 2 cups warm water

Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a big bowl, mix in water (use a big rubber spatula) until a sticky dough forms, making sure to incorporate all the flour. Cover the bowl and let sit for 18 hours. After 18 hours, use the spatula to punch down the dough (it will have grown a lot) and remove all the air bubbles. Let dough sit for two more hours.
After the two hour wait, preheat the oven to 425f.
Then, on a floured piece of parchment paper, roll out dough into a the shape of a shoe and about 1 inch thick. Flour the top to make it easier to work. Set dough and parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet, and put in the oven for 35 minutes. Let it cool on a cooling rack. Done.

This has been today’s episode of Chef Dude.

#10 EggBert on 03.19.09 at 2:22 pm

Next time I would suggest that we bring our pets or our neighbor’s pets – and leave the baby-making processes and production at home.

Sincerely,

EggBer, Pubes, and Mr. Lucky O’LickMeister

#11 Angry Guy on 03.19.09 at 4:53 pm

Don’t make me choose between you assholes and my children, because they are a great tax deduction, and I’d hate to miss out on that extra dough.

#12 l3wis on 03.20.09 at 6:33 am

I hope you would choose your children over me – they probably poop less in their drawers then I do.