'Sophisticated' Babe of the day; Rachelle Durkin

digital_147

I thought I would one up Todd in the babe department;

Australian soprano Rachelle Durkin is one of opera’s most striking young artists performing at major houses worldwide to critical acclaim.

I also see that Dakota Women had to have a pity party about how women are not appreciated if they don’t have wax bodies. Boo Hoo. Trying being 5′ 6″, a beer belly and the voice of Mr. Bosley from Charlies Angels and see how many women pay attention to you. Not very many. Women discriminate against men just as much on appearance and even more so on wealth. I have had two girlfriends leave me for wealthier men. My saying has always been I am for equal rights and equal pay for women, but I am also for equal treatment. If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, or at least out of the SD blogosphere.

#1 Kelsey on 06.09.09 at 12:50 pm

It’s a lot easier to assume they left you for someone with more money than to consider that your personality may have played a part, huh?

There are actually adult men and women in the world who are able to have healthy, equal relationships not based on looking ‘hot’ or having wads of cash. Amazing, I know.

#2 Angie on 06.09.09 at 1:07 pm

Yes, we’ve all been dumped. Isn’t it tragic.

I think the difference here is that you’re talking about personal relationships, while the rest of us are talking about a feature on a blog. That, ladies and gents, is called a red herring. Whether or not Scott has been dumped for a dude with more money doesn’t at all address the question of whether the ‘babe’ feature is sexist.

#3 l3wis on 06.09.09 at 1:20 pm

And you both missed my point, I was using myself as an ‘example’ of how women are ‘sexist’ to. This argument is so completely stupid, I can’t even imagine why I am wasting time responding to your whiney ass rants.

What color is the kettle?

#4 Ghost of Dude on 06.09.09 at 2:03 pm

I’m not sure the word ‘sexist’ works for what happened to you. ‘Shallow’, ‘vapid’, and ‘whorish’ seem to be better words for your exes.
From my own personal observations of female human behavior, I’d say any amount of ugly/assholishness/douchebaggery can be made up for with a large enough bank account – at least among 60% of the women I’ve met.

#5 Kelsey on 06.09.09 at 7:51 pm

We must know very very different women Ghost of Dude. But if it’s true, you’ve got some hope, Scott — your bank account is something you can do something about!

#6 l3wis on 06.09.09 at 8:18 pm

Yeah no shit Kelsey, I was thinking more along the lines of 90%.

So is Dakota Women throwing a fundraiser for me, so I can accumulate enough cash to get liposuction and a makeover?

How about a bikini clad carwash? That always milks the cash out of the letches.

I found the perfect swimsuit for you. Uptight Safe and all:

#7 Sy on 06.10.09 at 8:57 am

L3wis,

I’ll go out on a limb and speculate that at the very least, you are intelligent & introspective enough to turn your life’s experiences into inspiration for your craft.

No one likes to get dumped, regardless of the reason. But two things are certain:

1. it happens to everyone, and 2. it provides an opportunity to chalk it up and learn from the experience.

In other words, sure they were money grubbing bitches, but they probably indirectly made you a better artist and a better blogger. That and your Obama windfall may move you that much closer to not needing the fundraiser at all.

That shirt freakin’ rules BTW.

#8 Kelsey on 06.10.09 at 9:30 am

Unfortunately, since I’m married to a South Dakota teacher, my fundraising carwash schedule is pretty booked up. Just as soon as our schools are adequately funded, you’re next on my list!

#9 l3wis on 06.10.09 at 11:22 am

I don’t care that those girls left me, water under the bridge Sy. I was just proving a point that women and men are both shallow and sexist. It’s human nature. I just get tired of women claiming men are sexist but they are not. Give me a break.

#10 Costner on 06.10.09 at 12:46 pm

You ever notice that the women the most likely to complain about things like the “babe of the day” are the same type of women who are least likely to be nominated?

Reminds me of the movie Liar, Liar where the son says something to the effect of “but my teacher says beauty is on the inside” and Jim Carey responds with “that’s just something ugly people say”.

Funny as hell, but based at least partly in truth.

#11 l3wis on 06.10.09 at 1:13 pm

I guess sexism is wrong, but vanity is okay?

#12 Costner on 06.10.09 at 2:18 pm

Who knows. I do laugh about people who chastise others for being so vain that they would get plastic surgery, while they themselves are sporting a smile that took a few years of braces, vision which was corrected by LASIK and the perfect shade of hair color that came from an hour sitting at the salon.

Where do you draw the line between what is acceptable versus what is excessive? I’d guess we all have our standards, but if someone wants to pay $20k for a new nose and some lipo… why should I feel I have the right to judge them.

The only people who should be able to say we should be happy with what we were given are those who don’t shave, use makeup, go to a tanning salon, get their eyebrows plucked or use teeth whitening gel.

#13 Ghost of Dude on 06.10.09 at 2:44 pm

Looks like I’m free to throw around the “v” word then.

VAGINA!

#14 Sy on 06.10.09 at 3:14 pm

l3wis:

I guess sexism is wrong, but vanity is okay?

She’d do in a pinch, got great CSL’s.

and I agree sexism is wrong.

#15 Scott on 06.10.09 at 7:33 pm

Let me get this straight – you can’t be a pro-feminist male if you find a relatively thin actress, model, musician or TV anchor attractive? Come on. There’s nothing wrong with admiring a woman’s looks. That doesn’t mean that looks are the only (or even one of the) qualities I’m looking for in a person I want to marry, date, or just hang out with. Are women equally wrong for being attracted to Denzel, Tom Cruise, John Mayer, or those High School Musical boys? Talk about a controversy over nothing.

#16 Angry Guy on 06.11.09 at 5:58 am

My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment
I made all of the ladies in the area pregnant
Yes, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
But you lovely bitches and hoes should know I’m trying to correct this.

#17 l3wis on 06.11.09 at 6:26 am

“Let me get this straight – you can’t be a pro-feminist male if you find a relatively thin actress, model, musician or TV anchor attractive?”

Scott, you have it all wrong, you can’t be a ‘progressive’ if you find the opposite sex atttractive.