This town is steeped in Mediocrity.

Ghost Town: The Movie movie Oh God, make it go away!

This sucks in so many ways, I can’t settle on just one joke.

Here come the “He does so much for our community” and “He loves the children” bullshit arguments. Kory is a publicity whore. Maybe he should run for Mayor.

They both should STFU for the most part.

Star Trek: Generations hd

Femme Fatale dvdrip $21,000? Those fancy graphics sure do eat up a budget.

#1 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 6:32 am

It’s a pretty good video, if you are trying to promote talentless musicians in Sioux Falls.

The Visitors bureau paid $21,000 for this? Then we wonder why the city is $340 million in debt if they spend money this irresponsibly.

BTW, don’t suggest Kory runs for mayor, he would probably win.

#2 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 6:43 am

I was going to use the term “no talent ass clown”, but that might do an injustice to Michael Bolton.

#3 Ghost of Dude on 06.05.09 at 6:45 am

I don’t know, man. When he sings his version of “When a Man Loves a Woman”…

#4 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 6:45 am

And just to get it out there.. STFU Sy.

#5 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 6:52 am

I celebrate his entire catalog.

#6 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 6:57 am

Did you see the KELO interview where Kory says “We’ve been kind of a, seems like a, pretty big part of the city for quite a while”?
What a fucking arrogant DOUCHEBAG!

#7 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 6:57 am

I could have written a better song about Sioux Falls half drunk and asleep.

Let’s do one right now . . . anybody have a starting verse?

#8 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 6:59 am

“arrogant DOUCHEBAG!”

I know, I had a friend that worked with him at an ad agency, she wanted to rip his throat out.

#9 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 6:59 am

BTW- It wasn’t Hospheffer, different friend.

#10 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 7:01 am

The first time Korny played at the Pomp Room he was walking around introducing himself to everyone, and I was having a convo with Ward and Korny walks up and butts in on the convo and puts his hand out to me and says, “Hi, I’m Kory with Kory and the Fireflies.” and I said, “I know who the fuck you are.” He just walked off.

#11 hossenpheffer on 06.05.09 at 7:58 am

be nice to Kory, he does a lot of good for charities and has followed his dreams, AND is making a living at what he loves.
I will say I’m not a fan of his music and would probably never purchase a KFF cd, but I appreciate his moxie.
you, my friends sound jealous. Too bad you don’t have as nice of hair as Kory.

#12 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 8:17 am

It doesn’t hurt that his in-laws are not hurting either- I could ‘Follow my Dreams’ if I married into money to.

#13 Sy on 06.05.09 at 8:21 am

“I can’t decide who the bigger douche bag is, Kory or our resident Silver Spooned Slacker (anti-union) Boss.”

I’d say you need to figure out which one of us you are more obsessed with first, than your choice will be clear.

Have you ever pounded your putz while holding up one of my posters and listening to one of my CDS? Wait, I don’t have any poster or cds, so I’d say your more of Kory lover by an inch or two.

#14 hossenpheffer on 06.05.09 at 8:32 am

yuck. you boys are all sick. you belong in bangcock with all the other sick pervos

#15 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 8:36 am

Get out the rope.

#16 Todd Epp on 06.05.09 at 8:39 am

Angry Guy and Windsor:

I don’t understand the hating on Kory.

I think anyone who can make a living as a rock and roller in Sioux Falls should be celebrated or at least appreciated.

I think KFF is an excellent band. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but that’s the great thing about music. There are all different kinds and styles. I hate country music but if someone can do that from Sioux Falls and be successful at it, more power to them.

And one man’s publicity whore is another man’s publicity genius. People vote with their dollars and their feet and apparently a good number of Sioux Empirians are voting for KFF, like it or not.

And I’d say his style is more Bryan Adams than Michael Bolton, for whatever it’s worth.

He’s playing tomorrow night in Harrisburg at the ball fields for $5 a head for Harrisburg Days. Seems like a great thing to me.

Todd Epp
Middle Border Sun

#17 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 8:45 am

Trust me Todd. I know al ot more then I want to about the Korny Krhonicles.

Sure. Kory is great, just like electing another CC shuckster for mayor of SF.

#18 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 8:51 am

That’s the beauty of the internets, I can hate on anyone I want. Kory is a great publicity whore, and has a head for the business that most of this town’s bands wished they had 1/10th of.
That doesn’t change the fact that he’s screwed over a few people here and there without remorse, and he has one of THE biggest egos in the Sioux Falls scene. His music panders to the average beer swilling, blue collar, NASCAR fan, and for that I won’t EVER like him.
His wife’s kinda hot though…

#19 comoprozac on 06.05.09 at 8:52 am

This video could go viral. I’m not kidding.

I’m up for getting this song going. I thinking a literal version to accompany the video…

These are the Sioux Falls
And this is the town
And the Falls again
Sky view
Falls again
Back to the town
That’s a clock tower
A bridge
Walk and bike path…

(You get the idea

#20 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 8:53 am

I always liked his wife’s little sister better.

#21 Sy on 06.05.09 at 9:00 am

L3wis,

“I always liked his wife’s little sister better.”

Indeed, way cool little jet-skiin’ vixen.

#22 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 9:03 am

Yeah, she was poser hippy before it was cool to be a poser hippy.

#23 l3wis on 06.05.09 at 9:10 am

This post reminds me of this toon I did in 2007. Munson looks pretty good with Mike Ness’ guns.

#24 Ghost of Dude on 06.05.09 at 9:36 am

Deathgrip Munson.

#25 Sy on 06.05.09 at 9:49 am

“Deathgrip Munson.”

Speaking of deathgrip, looks like Grasshopper went a tad to far with his:

#26 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 10:12 am

Sy, speaking of strange practices… I actually convert all of your stupid comments to wav with a ‘Stephen Hawking text to speech’ program and burn them to CD. Then I jerk off to fistfuls of monopoly money lubed with tiling grout. Is that weird?

#27 hossenpheffer on 06.05.09 at 10:15 am

like i said, you boys are all sick. you belong in bangcock with all the other sick pervos

#28 Sy on 06.05.09 at 11:20 am

AG:

“Then I jerk off to fistfuls of monopoly money lubed with tiling grout. Is that weird?”

Wouldn’t be able to make the call without knowing whether your using sanded or unsanded grout.

and hossen, that’s the second time I’ve seen you mis-spell Bangkok, might have a little Fruedian slip deal there you should have checked out.

Phuket sounds like a better place to hang out to me.

#29 hossenpheffer on 06.05.09 at 11:56 am

BangCock you uppity DB

#30 Sy on 06.05.09 at 12:36 pm

hossenpheffer says:

BangCock you uppity DB

3rd time’s the charm….at least that’s what she said.

How’s this for uppity;

Angry Guy just finished a marathon whack session in his room. He comes downstairs, saunters over to the cupboard and grabs the Capn’ Crunch, pours a bowl, dumps some milk on them, puts his spoon in, and starts to sob uncontrollably.

Mom is doing the dishes, sees her poor little boy in tears, comes over and gently puts her hand on his shoulder and says:

“Son, I know it’s tough to be different, don’t worry, someday you’ll come into your own!”

AG looks up lovingly, sniffles, and says back:

“Well, that’s never been my problem, Mom. Someday, I’d just really like to come into someone else’s for a change!”.

#31 Angry Guy on 06.05.09 at 1:13 pm

You write real good.

Capn’ Crunch is no good. Cuts the roof of my mouth.

#32 Todd Epp on 06.05.09 at 5:40 pm

Angry:

You noted: “His music panders to the average beer swilling, blue collar, NASCAR fan, and for that I won’t EVER like him.”

My checklist:
*Beer Swilling–1/2 point. I do like beer but I don’t swill it. I drink responsibly and like fruity beers like Bud Lite Lime, so definitely not a PBR or Hamms kind of guy.
*Blue collar–0 points. I’m a lawyer. And what’s wrong with being blue collar?
*NASCAR fan–0 points. Only thing I like about NASCAR are the cool crashes. Perhaps I can claim 1/4 point for thinking the IRL’s Danica Patrick is hot.

Total: 1/2 to 3/4 point on the Angry Guy KFF Lovability Scale, which, I think, puts me on the low end of KFF susceptibility. Yet I do like them.

So, I won’t be seeing you in Harrisburg Saturday night for the KFF concert? 😉

Todd Epp
Middle Border Sun

#33 l3wis on 06.06.09 at 7:28 am

So Todd, how much are they paying Korny? Betcha it is between $5000-$7500. Why do you think they have to charge a $5 cover?

I’m sorry, I’m all for local artists making money for what they do, but not one single band is worth that much if they are not nationally known.

The worst part about it is how Korny splits that dough with his band. I used to know former band mates and they told me Korny takes 50% and splits the other 50% between the other band members.