Here we go again

STORM

#1 Ghost of Dude on 12.23.09 at 9:24 am

I was surprised when they didn’t back off of their prediction last night.

I figured it would come down from armageddon to 8″ or so with some wind.

#2 Warren Phear on 12.23.09 at 10:10 am

This is my second favorite toon of yours l3wis. My fav is still the one with people lined up to the falls to get their license plates. Classic.

I see Stormland has gone from 18″-24″ to 10″-14″. Everything I need to know about StormLand is embodied by this guy…a true nutcase…and numero uno at STORMLAND TV

#3 Angry Guy on 12.23.09 at 10:10 am

Did you see Cable’s “Map of Doom” on KSFY yesterday? Good stuff.
He still needs a haircut.

#4 Ghost of Dude on 12.23.09 at 10:22 am

Trobec isn’t a nutcase, he’s a parrot. Different animal.

#5 John2 on 12.23.09 at 12:31 pm

More hype, less storm.
We knew this was a cream-puff snowstorm when the governor auditioned for his new job as a weather hypester. Obviously with the state budget tens of millions in the hole this year and for the foreseeable future – the governor had nothing more important to do than practice being “weatherman”.

#6 Scott on 12.23.09 at 3:50 pm

You’re a little high on the local and national news percentages. There’s no way 7% of their broadcast is devoted to real news.

#7 redhatterb on 12.23.09 at 9:35 pm

We all know the Governor’s news conference could have been done by teleconferencing from Pierre, instead of his spending tax payer money to fly to Sioux Falls. He must have had some shopping to do.

#8 l3wis on 12.23.09 at 9:47 pm

I thought the same thing.

#9 l3wis on 12.24.09 at 7:43 am

Gotta love the wordsmith Sheauwn Cable, but hey, he learned from the best;

“You might remember that yesterday I mentioned a bit of a break in the storm before things really hit the fan. ”

AND this gem;

“Be careful and don’t venture too far because the weather conditions will get really bad really fast later today.”

Rock on Sheauwn!

#10 CCFlyer on 12.24.09 at 12:56 pm

I’m still waitin’ for you to make a KSFY ‘Action’ cartoon. Good lord the whole newscasts have been Breaking Blizzard Breaking Weather Action Weather Action.

Am I the only one who when watches KELO notices that they talk really slow and don’t really use ‘large’ words or like even report?!?

#11 Scott on 12.24.09 at 2:16 pm

Interns don’t know any “large” words.

#12 Helga on 12.24.09 at 5:03 pm

Saw the gov. every where on network TV saying there would be a blizzard. Doesn’t look like it. But at this very moment the wx ch guy is standing in Minneap. saying blizzard in Sioux Falls and some other towns. So they are sticking with the story.

#13 CCFlyer on 12.24.09 at 5:11 pm

@Scott: PAHAHAHA. It took me a minute to figure it out but I forgot that most of their news team is ‘interns’

#14 l3wis on 12.24.09 at 8:39 pm

It’s kicking in.

#15 anominous on 12.27.09 at 7:17 pm

Trobec can predict the weather by reading what’s in the vulture poop in the back alley.

#16 l3wis on 12.27.09 at 9:38 pm

Did you know he is a global warming denier? Funny shit.

#17 Oh What Fun it is to Ride… « Espresso Addict on 01.06.10 at 9:20 pm

[…] manna. Well, kudos to the weather-hype gurus for being right for once. Oh, wait, I’m used to Keloland weather “predictions.” Maybe Nebraska has cooler technology than So […]