The Daily Show interview w/ January Jones ripping on SD

This is fantastic stuff.

#1 caheidelberger on 02.16.11 at 9:03 pm

Yeah, but she doesn’t even make good creative jokes that reflect any real ability to convey the South Dakota experience. She’s hardly thinking about the baloney she’s making up on the spot. She refers to some imaginary feud with North Dakota but wholly ignores the opening to make some great East River-West River jokes. Her comment about our low population veers incoherently into punchline-less babble about spending all our time outside. For Pete’s sake: she’s on The Daily Show, the perfect venue from which to open fire on our political nuttery, an endless source of comedy, and she doesn’t do it. Weak performance.

#2 l3wis on 02.16.11 at 9:08 pm

I will agree.

First off, there are Jews in SF, abotu 70-80 families.

I also used to work with a someone who is good friends with her, she is a flash in the pan. I am not real impressed.

#3 CCFlyer on 02.16.11 at 9:22 pm

There’s also 800,000 people in South Dakota. Didn’t she grow up in Sioux Falls and attend O’Gorman or Roosevelt? It’s not like she is a country girl.

The month of January is a cold, bitter month.

#4 l3wis on 02.17.11 at 2:52 am

There was an interview with her a few years ago, before the Madmen thingy, I think Morast from the Argue Endorser did it, where she admitted to being a hippy loser in HS who just smoked a lot of weed. The person I know who knows her said when she saw her this past summer that she still pretty much is the same person, except that she chain smokes now.

#5 l3wis on 02.17.11 at 2:52 am

Cigarettes that is.

#6 Daizi46 on 02.17.11 at 7:15 am

oh come on..it’s the Jon Stewart show. She came on to talk about the movie…he’s the one that went to the where she was from. Any idiot could tell she wished he would move on to something else. It’s not like she was babbling on about “the Dakotas”. It thought it was a really funny piece and it’s true…North Dakota people are a bit dumber and talk funny and the West River people are just strange….oh yeah..and don’t forget about the iowegan and minnesotan driving!

#7 Shelly on 02.17.11 at 8:18 am

daizi- i’ve lived here all 49 years of my life and have never heard a nd joke. it was not a funny interview. i wouldn’t have thought her funny if she were ripping on a different state. she is not funny. you must be related to her.

#8 shane on 02.17.11 at 8:22 am

CLiNT.

#9 shane on 02.17.11 at 8:23 am

she comes across as though her name should be Clint.

#10 Steve Sanchez on 02.17.11 at 8:40 am

Remember when the headlight dimmer switch was on your vehicle’s floorboard? I do (just barely). I heard this joke more than 20 years ago; right after the switch was moved to the turn signal lever.

When asked about the dramatic increase in ND traffic collisions shortly after the dimmer switch was relocated, a ND driver stated “It’s not easy getting our feet up there to dim them lights!”

My two cents. 😉

#11 Scott on 02.17.11 at 8:48 am

Why go on a show to promote a movie when you can’t actually talk about it? Stewart was stuck with coming up with something…anything…to discuss with this dolt.

And come on, she grew up in Sioux Falls in the 90’s. This wasn’t some hayseed dustbowl town with no running water, electricity, etc. Her story about the whole town being shocked by a Jewish boyfriend is ridiculous.

#12 Angry Guy on 02.17.11 at 10:08 am

This matters to me. A lot. Almost as much as The Spill Canvas.

#13 Daizi46 on 02.17.11 at 10:38 am

Angry Guy…I agree. So many people so sensitive about hick-state South Dakota…geez. At least she didn’t have to comment about the “every resident required to have a gun” or any of the other items that the “representatives” are proposing for this state. Lighten up people! (BTW, I am not related to her…but did grow up in Watertown–closer to ND so thus the ND/SD slams resonated in me)

#14 Jackilope on 02.17.11 at 12:01 pm

The jokes I hear about are Iowa drivers, not ND drivers. Now, having been a server in Aberdeen during my college years — ND folks weren’t the best tippers.

#15 Angry Guy on 02.17.11 at 1:00 pm

Thanks Daisy. My life is complete now that you agree with me. dumbass

#16 John2 on 02.18.11 at 7:09 am

. . . and she’s a pretty bad actress, too. Neeson carried her, someone has too.

#17 l3wis on 02.18.11 at 7:13 am

I guess she is pretty boring to be around to. And to tell you the truth, I don’t really find her that attractive, but hey, I’m a Bettie fan, so the blondes don’t really turn my crank.

#18 l3wis on 02.18.11 at 7:14 am

BTW, the dumbest thing Marilyn ever did was change her hair color to blonde.

#19 Randall on 02.18.11 at 1:28 pm

SO these two North Dakotans were talkin bout the turkey shoot and the one sez to the other he sez “it sez here in da paper dat the turkey shoot starts at 2 pm CST an I was wonderin what dat CST stands for dere?”

And da udder one he tells him he sez “oh CST dat means ya can’t shoot tame ones is all…”

Heard that one back in the 70’s

#20 February Smith on 02.18.11 at 7:23 pm

Butthurt much? Holy crap, I guess “haters gonna hate” but y’all sound like a bunch of bitter fucking crybabies. As if she owes SD some kind of glowing endorsement?

She’s making shit happen and y’all are still living in SD hating your fucking lives. Grow up.

#21 l3wis on 02.18.11 at 9:15 pm

She’s making shit happen? Yeah. Like making her bank account expand. What has JJ done for SD? Not sure I have seen her name attached to any charities. Maybe you could fill us in. You seem to be a good friend.

I will agree SD kinda sucks, but it is modest, and I don’t envy Ms. Jones one bit.

#22 Helga on 02.19.11 at 12:59 am

What as SD done for JJ? Hell what has SD done for anyone? At this moment in time it is embarrassing to admit one is from SD.

#23 Scott on 02.19.11 at 2:50 pm

WTF? January Jones is making shit happen? She lucked into one great show (and is the weakest part of said show), and after her disastrous appearance on SNL last year she’s lucky to still get b-movie roles.

It’s not that she dissed the state in her appearance. I do it all the time. It’s her lame, untruthful quips about things like bringing a Jewish boy home that makes her look like a fool.

#24 Mike on 02.19.11 at 7:14 pm

Actually I think her way to the top is by dating Ashton Kutcher, Josh Groban and that SNL dude. I think she used a pretty likely path to the top of the acting world.

I’m surprised she didn’t slam Noem or make fun of NOem’s hair at all. Though Noem is more attractive and obviously good at getting to the top using Husted and other wealthy folks.

#25 l3wis on 02.19.11 at 9:24 pm

Do you think she even knows who Noem is?

While I am not a ‘Madmen’ junky, I have tuned in a few times, and thought it was a good show, BUT, JJ is a very weak character.

#26 anominous on 02.20.11 at 2:33 pm

I think she’s cool.

#27 l3wis on 02.20.11 at 4:52 pm

That’s because you are a horndog pervert. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

#28 anominous on 02.20.11 at 5:19 pm

Then it’s settled.

#29 l3wis on 02.20.11 at 5:23 pm

I like pasty white Norwegian skin to, but only on brunettes.