Supporters of HB 1217 sending text messages

This image was sent to me. What the receivers want to know is how they got these phone numbers? I never received the text, but have heard of 3 people so far have.

#1 TDB on 03.01.11 at 7:30 am

I received it yesterday, too. Thanks for reminding me to call Alpha Center and make someone’s day.

Just in case anyone else would love to share the joy. Their number and address are:

(605) 361-3500
801 East 41st Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105

#2 Ben on 03.01.11 at 7:32 am

Me, too. I’m in District 15. Odds are they’re targeting Angie Buhl & responding to a recent NARAL email as well which asked people to call their legislators…

#3 Pam on 03.01.11 at 7:38 am

I received TWO of the text messages yesterday on my cell phone! I sent a message back that I object to their text and to remove my number. How did they get our cell phone numbers?

#4 l3wis on 03.01.11 at 7:44 am

I’m sure they bought them.

#5 Scott on 03.01.11 at 7:48 am

But the law doesn’t apply to them because they’re doing God’s work!!!

#6 l3wis on 03.01.11 at 7:51 am

I wonder if you can file a complaint with the FCC?

#7 Anthony Renli on 03.01.11 at 8:11 am

Hmm….If you registered your number with the do not call list…perhaps you could.

#8 Pam on 03.01.11 at 8:53 am

How about PUC?

#9 Pathloss on 03.01.11 at 9:34 am

I got one. I’m on the DO NOT CALL list. I’ll call the number and say VOTE NO. I’d not have called at all had this message not pissed me off.

#10 DDC on 03.01.11 at 10:43 am

DO the people that got the messages have their numbers tied to their Facebook accounts? I’ve got cel numbers for every person I’m friends with on Facebook that put their numbers on their profiles.

It also looks like it was sent as an email (that’s what text messages actually are) to the phone number.

#11 Costner on 03.01.11 at 10:49 am

I’m not friends with the AlphaCenter and my number is only visible to friends. This was obviously a mass text message sent to a distribution list, but where they obtained this list is the troubling point.

Politicians get our numbers from voter registration, but private companies should not have access to the same lists. Where is a good investigative reporter when you need one? This smells like an underhanded deal if I’ve ever heard of one.

#12 anominous on 03.01.11 at 11:39 am

Maybe you got it from your Brian Liss endorsement.

#13 DDC on 03.01.11 at 2:50 pm

Costner,

They could have gotten through one of your “friends”. Not saying that’s what happened, just throwing out the possibility.

#14 Ol' Timer on 03.01.11 at 3:02 pm

That is probably why they 41st day the “texting while driving” bill today. SB71

#15 Snooki Palin on 03.01.11 at 3:14 pm

Leslie Unruh must be one hell of a hacker

#16 Pathloss on 03.01.11 at 4:06 pm

‘Snooki Palin’, funny handle and you may have identified the source.

#17 Scott on 03.01.11 at 4:42 pm

I just don’t understand how Hunt and his cohorts believe that the word of Unruh’s crew at the Alpha Center is more impartial than a doctor. Oh, that’s right. He doesn’t.

#18 Joan on 03.01.11 at 7:38 pm

I got a call on my unlisted home phone number yesteray. It was from Dr. Allan Unruh’s “robot.” If a live person had called they wouldn’t have had to ask if I was male or female. Plus I really like to give live callers a bad time. One question they asked was if I was pro-life and I didn’t think that was fair because there should have been a choice of answers. There was only one way on an automated call that a pro-choice person could answer it. One thing I have noticed is that Leslee seems to be laying low the last couple years. Maybe she is afraid her outspokeness will make somebody throw rotten eggs at her or something. lol

#19 l3wis on 03.02.11 at 8:11 pm

I see the idiots in the Senate passe it to.

Hopefully our governor has the common sense to veto this. I can’t understand after voters have told us, twice, that we are a prochoice state, they continue to push this garbage while ignoring education and the budget. I guess they just want you to be born, they don’t give a shit if you get an education after that.