Are Gant & Litz trying to take credit for something that has been in motion for a long time?

Who’s on First?

Don’t quote me on this, but I think this idea has been in motion by either the SF city clerk’s office, Sue Roust, or both for quite awhile, long before Bobby and Jay-Jay took office;

Instead of designated precincts, voters will be able to cast their ballot at any voting center located throughout the city.

Great idea, way overdue. But I’m wondering why Abbott and Costello get to toot their horns about this? This was something that was probably sitting in both of their IN baskets the first day they took office. And by looks of Litz’s office (watch the video) he needs to decorate with something besides cardboard boxes and manilla folders. I’m just saying.

(Screenshot KELO-TV)

#1 Pathloss on 05.07.11 at 9:29 am

Sorry, I don’t trust local elections. How did Huether and Tornow get elected? The new system might be a sophisticated method for manipulation. What makes me suspicious is that nazi city administration endorses it. It’s been available for some time, so why now unless it’s rigged?

#2 l3wis on 05.07.11 at 9:28 pm

I trust the city clerk and former treasurer Sue Roust that the system is setup right. We will see, I guess.

#3 Scott on 05.07.11 at 10:04 pm

Oooof, I can now see the time it takes those little old bags at the polling places to find your name to increase by a thousand fold.

#4 l3wis on 05.07.11 at 10:10 pm

Fuck all of you, I think this is a great idea. I’m sick of trying to figure out where to vote, that’s why I absentee.

BTW, Scott, how was the screening? Good. Bad. So-So?

#5 Scott on 05.07.11 at 11:14 pm

Fantastic! I’ll probably write something on it tomorrow.

#6 Thank Gawd Bob Litz is at the helm . . . — South DaCola on 05.15.11 at 7:57 pm

[…] just hope they find a money for a decorating budget for Bob’s office. Though the cardboard boxes do match his skin […]

#7 Vote Centers and the SF School Board election — South DaCola on 05.20.11 at 9:56 am

[…] I posted about a few weeks back, the SF School District will be using Super Precincts or Vote Centers, whatever you want to call […]

#8 Analog Tape on 09.29.11 at 9:03 pm

Texas and Oklahoma are moving to eliminate electronic voting due to the potential for fraud, this sec. of state clown is all proud of his convenient system. Costs? Shouldn’t elections be 100% volunteers counting the ballots?