Another Republican entering the Mayor’s Race?

Pitty Patt thinks he is on to something;

My spies are telling me that within the next two weeks there will be an announcement made of an unexpected but very serious Republican contender jumping into the race for Sioux Falls Mayor

I’m really puzzled by who this person could be.

First off, Jamison seems to have the support of the Republican establishment in Sioux Falls and Entenman is angling for the Business Community. That doesn’t leave many crumbs for a third Republican in the race.

Erickson said she was going to sit out this mayoral race and the only other prominent Republican has said they were probably NOT going to run, Paul TenHaken.

I did some digging last night and couldn’t really find much. I guess we couldn’t rule out Mark Mickelson, Steve Westra OR Craig Lawrence, but at this point that is just a guess.

I was approached by a prominent Indy last year that has close ties to the business community, but he hasn’t said a single word since. I also haven’t ruled out Darrin Smith or Hildebrand for a run, but they are both Democrats.

I guess we will see.

#1 LJL on 08.17.17 at 8:23 pm

What about the weasel that owns Cherrapa?

#2 Emoluments Clause on 08.17.17 at 11:24 pm

Interesting. Perhaps it is an attempt by the Entenman forces to weaken Jamison’s natural Republican base.

But regardless, the more Republicans there are in this race the better are the chances that a Democrat will make it to the runoff…. But then the question becomes, can a known Democrat win the runoff?… Yes, I know, Huether did win seven years ago as a known Democrat, but he had very credible ties with the Republican business crowd in this town at that time, and his Republican opponent didn’t have the right image to win a run-off.

I would be surprised if Mickelson runs, however. And what is that beard all about? His is going Al Gore on us, or is he just planning a run for mayor of Rapid City someday? Or, how about Noem’s running mate in 2018?

#3 Emoluments Clause on 08.17.17 at 11:29 pm

“His is?”…. Is he 😉

#4 The D@ily Spin on 08.18.17 at 11:23 am

It’s Janoct. He’s coming to the presser in a ghost ambulance.

#5 Porter Lansing on 08.18.17 at 1:47 pm

Chuckie Brennan.

#6 Change Agent on 08.18.17 at 6:42 pm

This new candidate will change the race. He will be a breathe of fresh air and will not emphasize party affiliation. Get ready, it’s about to get interesting.

#7 The Don on 08.18.17 at 9:26 pm

Agreed. This candidate has the potential to really harness a whole new block of voters. If he can do that, then he will turn this election on its head.

#8 l3wis on 08.18.17 at 10:33 pm

As long as he didn’t vote for Trump, I’m willing to give them a listen.

#9 Emoluments Clause on 08.18.17 at 10:44 pm

Is it Skinny Miller?

#10 Warren Phear on 08.19.17 at 8:01 am

l3wis, what do you suppose the odds are on not voting trump? Of course a year from now, you’ll find no one who will admit voting for a racist.

My guess on new candidate. Either a real estate mogul or a member of the family that gave us the strong mayor form of government. A kirby.

#11 Emoluments Clause on 08.19.17 at 2:03 pm

As far as to not admitting to having voted for Trump, why do you think the Minnehaha GOP didn’t sponsor a booth or tent at this year’s Sioux Empire Fair?

But I hope Skinny runs. I could image an intense run-off one-on-one between Miler and Zokaites, where it comes down to a lot of three pointers and Powerpoints….

#12 scott on 08.19.17 at 6:25 pm

it will be mike miller vs adam vinnetari in the run off election. tom brady, peyton manning, and lebron james will all be in town campaigning.

#13 Emoluments Clause on 08.19.17 at 9:41 pm

What about Chad Greenway? He likes Republicans.

Or how about Skinny v. Skippy? That could get rather skittish…. (Sorry)

#14 The D@ily Spin on 08.21.17 at 5:50 pm

Another elephant in the room gives a jackass a better chance.