Found on Facebook

I went down and looked at the viewing platform yesterday, this guy had to climb over quite a few rocks and obstacles to get here. I’m more concerned about the health problems he may encounter from eating fish from the Big Poo then from falling in. The signs (posted in several locations) says, ‘NO RIVER ACCESS BEYOND THIS POINT.’

#1 LJL on 07.28.19 at 2:56 pm

$300 fine.

#2 Usd on 07.28.19 at 5:25 pm

Don’t tell Stehly.

#3 D@ily Spin on 07.28.19 at 10:28 pm

The river has many secrets. I heard you could stand in the middle under the Arc of Sadam with 13 stacked S10 cellphones with 5G charging each other and a Stargate would open beaming you to the next Star Trek convention. Try it.

#4 kurtz on 07.29.19 at 7:54 am

Before you eat any fish caught in the chemical toilet that is South Dakota be sure to have it tested at a lab independent of the state for glyphosate, dicamba, DDT, mercury, lead, cadmium, PFOs, E. coli, Shigella and Legionella.

#5 anominous on 07.29.19 at 8:00 am

“give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”
-Donald “Lao Tzu” Trump

#6 rufusx on 07.29.19 at 8:20 am

Yeah – go buy some Tilapia. They’ve been fed the poop straight from the CAFO floors, not somewhat filtered by natural flow.

#7 l3wis on 07.29.19 at 8:54 am

Ruf, when I used to work at OB, people used to ask me if I liked the Tilapia, and I would suggest the Salmon instead. When they asked why, I would say, “The Salmon live ABOVE the Tilapia in the fish farm, you do the math.”

#8 D@ily Spin on 07.29.19 at 2:32 pm

Why is it the city pays 285k for a deck when I can buy a 3,000 sf 4 bedroom home for the same price?

#9 Jon on 07.29.19 at 3:33 pm

Great point @DailySpin. I heard that figure of nearly 300K and just about passed out. Totally not surprising at all in this city. Look at how much they say some of the small foot bridges will cost that were washed out in the floods. Will the Dunham park bridge cost a million? Probably. LOL

#10 l3wis on 07.29.19 at 4:50 pm

The irony is that about 25% of the cost went to engineering, design and consulting.

#11 Jimmy on 07.31.19 at 9:12 am

That guy has probably been doing that longer than we are old, Scott. These aren’t the people we need to worry about getting close to the water and they are ultimately the ones who get affected by dumb rules put in place by city folk who don’t know what nature is really like. What is dumb is eating anything out of that river. Even catch and release is risky getting pricked by a fin and getting that toxic water in your blood.