UPDATE: Former Sioux Falls Mayor to hold press conference tomorrow

UPDATE: I think his announcement tomorrow is probably a book release. His personal website has been down tonight and changed to serveleadwin.com (and I assume will relaunch tomorrow at the press conference.)

It should be no secret Mr. Transparency himself is being ‘tight-lipped’ about this announcement. My guess is that he will be either announcing the release of his book or that he is running for Congress or Senate as an independent.

What I would really like for him to do is to apologize for the EC siding mess and bunker ramp fiasco, and then tell us he is leaving the state, or better yet the country.

#1 Scott D Hudson on 09.03.19 at 3:13 pm

book is already out – https://www.amazon.com/Serve-Lead-Win-Government-Things-ebook/dp/B07WPFV541/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mike+huether&qid=1567541511&s=gateway&sr=8-1

#2 Patrick L Lalley on 09.03.19 at 3:16 pm

Want to join me for some speculation about 6 p.m. tonight at the Book Co-op?

#3 l3wis on 09.03.19 at 3:24 pm

I think Hudson probably nailed it. I wonder if he mentions in the book that he did all that by putting unneeded debt on citizens, letting our infrastructure go to crap and ignoring the crime epidemic.

#4 l3wis on 09.03.19 at 3:47 pm

Not sure if I could stomach the whole book after reading the hilarious book reviews and glossary of contents. I often wonder how some people can walk through life in complete denial of reality?

#5 Scott D Hudson on 09.03.19 at 4:17 pm

Hilarious that it’s only 123 pages. Of course that’s about 122 too many.

#6 Scott on 09.03.19 at 4:19 pm

I agree with I3wis. Will he apologize for 8 years of letting the city go to crap?

#7 Too hubris 4 me on 09.03.19 at 4:37 pm

#WeAreStillThere4YouSiouxFalls

I found some of the personalities, who reviewed this book, to be an interesting and an eclectic group of people.

(“If you were to invite some people for dinner for a stimulating discussion, who would you invite?”…(“Well, I guess, I would invite Brokaw, that guy from Karl’s TV, and Russ, yah Russ, too.”))

#8 MK on 09.03.19 at 4:38 pm

I’m surprised no one has left reviews for his book on Amazon.

Seems like a good place to talk about his nomination for the Golden Padlock award for government secrecy, and his largest debt in Sioux Falls history.

#9 My Mistake Mike on 09.03.19 at 5:05 pm

A press conference? For a self-published book?

If so, MMM really does have Delusions of Grandeur.

#10 Linda on 09.03.19 at 5:22 pm

I totally agree with all you .My stomach goes into knots when I see his … on Keloland .Did he have to buy his way into Keloland.Why does he have to make a big production of his secret announcement. I would rather hear about his bone headed speech than watch it.Either way I m sure I sure I will have to barf.

#11 LJL on 09.03.19 at 8:01 pm

Wouldn’t doubt if he runs for city council.

#12 D@ily Spin on 09.03.19 at 8:06 pm

Definitely the worst mayor in Sioux Falls history. Just leave. His sanity is worthy of a Stephen King novel. Otherwise, it’s just another fanatic with but one follower (he himself). I have more respect for L Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones than this munchkin. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.

#13 Matthew Paulson on 09.03.19 at 8:10 pm

This book is published by Throne Publishing, which is effectively a ghostwriting business (at least it was at one point). Huether may have not actually written his own book.

#14 Huether for President on 09.03.19 at 8:39 pm

Huether for President? Congress? Senate? The book is just the beginning?

#15 anominous on 09.03.19 at 10:50 pm

the warden from shawshank

#16 Here we go again on 09.04.19 at 2:23 am

He’s jealous of Buttigeig. So he’s getting back into the game.

The fact that his show has discovered Harding County suggests more than a book, but I guess we will see soon.

It’s my understanding that Dan Ahlers from Dist. 25 is going to run against Rounds, too. So its 2014 all over again with a Republican, a Democrat, and an Independent who breaks 10% or better.

Hopefully, this time Dems will have learned from 2014 and not attack Huether until the end about not being a real Democrat. It’s imperative that Dems allow Huether to eat away at Rounds’ support so as to bring all three candidates down to the mid-30s in a percentile sense. That is the only way a Democrat could beat Rounds in 2020 with Huether in it.

#17 l3wis on 09.04.19 at 9:32 am

‘Media Only’ press conference. LOL. He still thinks in SD there is people with media credentials. You don’t have to have any credentials in SD to be in the media, any dope off the street can walk in with a phone camera and tell you they are with the media.

#18 scott on 09.04.19 at 9:33 am

two things are guaranteed to happen at his presser. 1. he will cry. 2. he will tell us how he never knew how loved he is by the people of keloland.

#19 Ljl on 09.04.19 at 1:37 pm

Press conference for a book. His narcissism has no limit.

#20 l3wis on 09.04.19 at 2:52 pm

It only took him 20 minutes to cry.

#21 Save the Irving School! on 09.04.19 at 3:06 pm

I don’t know. Candidates always seem to publish a book first, then they run….. Such “Audacity” 😉

#22 scott on 09.04.19 at 4:35 pm

heuther 3:16 says “for god so loved the world, he sent mike heuther.”