LameKota News Now

Yeah, it only took me two days to come up with a partially clever nickname to this new mashup.

I really don’t have much of an opinion since it has only been two days, but I really don’t see much of a difference so far. The format is still basically KSFY with some KDLT personalities thrown in.

I would think after having a year and a half to prepare for this it would be ground breaking, or at least a little different besides a new logo.

As I suspected this probably has nothing to do with giving us more local news or better weather forecasting, it is all about ad revenue.

#1 “Name in quotes for no reason” on 01.14.20 at 6:45 pm

I couldn’t agree with you more. I was really hoping it’d be something new and exciting, but so far it seems mostly KSFY with a little KDLT thrown in. Still 100% better than KELO though. I’m sure I’ll continue to watch.

#2 l3wis on 01.14.20 at 7:56 pm

So our choices are crap, turd and dead tree? Cool.

#3 Jon on 01.14.20 at 7:59 pm

Needs more Phil Schreck and Sam Gabrielle rather than Aaron Doudna and Tyler Roney. The former are MUCH better meteorologists stylistically than the latter.

I think that guy that anchors the weekend on KSFY, his name is Sam, but not Sam Gabrielle is good at what he does.

Anyways, I feel like this is going to bomb anyway and a lot more talent will end up leaving when this ship sinks.

#4 "Very Stable Genius" on 01.14.20 at 8:26 pm

Can you say, butt kissing?

#5 scott on 01.14.20 at 9:16 pm

really lame that they run packages on an nbc affiliate from abc news, as they did this morning. i’m sure the network is happy about that. i’d bet that kelo will still have 2.5 times the viewers as both stations combined will.

#6 D@ily Spin on 01.14.20 at 9:49 pm

The schedule got interrupted. I like local news at 5 and national at 5:30. For me that is CBS and KELO. For they it is Jeopardy and foolishness. Having now tuned in to CBS, I’m impressed with the female national news anchor. At 5, it’s Angela Koeneky (sorry about spelling Angela). She’s what’s left of local investigative reporting. NBC and ABC had a good thing. They messed it up.

#7 "Very Stable Genius" on 01.15.20 at 1:49 am

The Argus now has big gaps between headlines and news stories. Three local tv news stations have become two. Freedom of the press is merely a goal, unless it is thriving.

#8 D@ily Spin on 01.15.20 at 9:25 am

Try cartoons. Then you don’t need reporters. The Argus could become comics only. It’s not a free country without news.
We don’t need news if Putin has rigged the vote such that Trump and Neitzert get re-elected.

#9 anominous on 01.16.20 at 9:38 am

ksfy used to be NBC waaaay back.

#10 "You Stay Classy Sioux Falls" on 01.16.20 at 12:53 pm

I miss the days when KDLT was KORN and you needed an antenna to pick it up well….. #HeeHawOrNot