Nice Sneakers John

I had to laugh while watching this DTSF Rotary FB video of ThuneHaken,

with his facial hair and ‘sneakers’ (a cross between Bass orthopedic and Airwalk, not laughing, I will need them soon). Seems he has been hanging out with someone for a little to long.

#1 “Name in quotes for no reason” on 04.14.20 at 10:03 pm

Honest question: why do you always name call? Does it make you feel better?

#2 l3wis on 04.14.20 at 10:25 pm

Were you offended by me calling John, Paul or calling Paul, John? Both followers of Jesus Christ. If you are Muslim, I apologize. Or was it the Bass shoes comment? No offense. They are fantastic shoes. The last time I saw my classic rock hero, John Fogerty he was wearing them while rocking out to Proud Mary. So where was the name calling? I’m curious.

#3 Cetic6 on 04.14.20 at 10:44 pm

Cut the Ten some slack.Every one knows he would not be a good farmer.When you let the cows out of the barn and don’t close the door you got problems .I doubt Thune has a clue whats going on.

#4 "Very Stable Genius" on 04.14.20 at 11:08 pm

Unstable Genius, I mean “NIQFNR,” your alias itself is naming calling, is it not?

#5 The Mr. Blackwell of politics on 04.14.20 at 11:20 pm

There is just so much I could say here. He has forgone the department store catalog look for a hipster mode-ness. I am not sure if he has written a book or a script, or could analyze someone else, or needs to be analyzed himself. Perhaps, two weeks in a basement does this to you? It could, perhaps, create a Lincolnian Dutch Mafia-ism in oneself. Or, this is just an unique look for an unique time? Or, maybe, the senator is subconsciously just hinting how screwed we truly are, and that it’s all over with as we knew it, and just, #ScrewIt.

#6 "Woodstock" on 04.14.20 at 11:25 pm

“Just think, there is a parallel universe out there, where an often unshaven hipster senator is now walking around clean cut and in a suit and tie in a state, where a mayor of its largest town is often clean cut and dressed in a suit and tie, but sometimes looks like a skinny Otis during press conferences, especially if a guy named ‘Denny’ shows up”….

#7 "name in quotes for no reason" on 04.15.20 at 6:26 am

So Scott, you’re of the mindset that “ThuneHaken” is a compliment to both? My mistake, then.

#8 My Mistake Mike on 04.15.20 at 7:37 am

Has anyone asked Thune why he spent two weeks in his basement? Didn’t he move quickly to the front of the line for a COVID test that proved negative? Shouldn’t he be in DC working right now, or did Congress get a shelter-at-home order, too?

#9 SouthernExposure on 04.15.20 at 8:16 am

The bifocals cap the look ! Grandpa status is harder for some more than others.

#10 matt johnson on 04.15.20 at 10:15 am

I have yet to see the criticism of the big O (see his endorsement video) or sleepy Joe (see any of his videos) for failure to wear a tie- one of your big no nos for public figures. Also we can rest easy that Elizabeth Warren will not be a veep pick as she has facial hair (nice mustache)- clearly she is not native.

#11 Fear & Loathing in Sioux Falls on 04.15.20 at 1:56 pm

But, it’s the tennie-runners that really set some of us off.

“ThuneHaken” is a reality. Can a reality be a compliment?

#12 HAN THE HAND on 04.15.20 at 1:57 pm

THE TWO T S TENHAKEN , THUNE CAN WE DO BETTER THAN THESE TWO IN GOVERNMENT.

#13 anominous on 04.15.20 at 2:54 pm

i dont fault him cuz he thought he had covid from hang in at the senate gym with dirty rand paul. + u need some shoes u can toss if u are around sen paul. & thune kind of look’d like tony hawk unti he got this beard.

#14 scott on 04.15.20 at 5:25 pm

if thune was appearing at a photo op for working folks, instead of the rotary club, he’d be wearing a denim shirt and a trucker cap. the sleeves would be rolled up to show he’s working hard for us.

#15 DERTYU on 04.15.20 at 5:43 pm

Put one of heroes from Sioux Falls on the picture this guy is doing nothing.

#16 My T Ed on 04.16.20 at 6:33 am

So interesting to see a discussion of male appearance and clothing choices. I have abstained from commenting on Kristi’s choices out of political correctness. But…”Good grief!”

#17 "Very Stable Genius" on 04.16.20 at 12:07 pm

A commentator, with the Washington Post piece on Noem and COVID-19, referred to her ear rings as two broken dinner plates.