VOTE STEHLY! A Good Friend to Have

In this endorsement of Stehly I could certainly go on and on about her citizen activism and record of getting things done on the council (even if her initiatives don’t garner a single vote) But I won’t, because many know her record. In a recent online poll done by the Argus Leader 40% of the respondents recognized her by seeing an image of her. I’m not sure if I have ever known a city councilor to have that much recognition in Sioux Falls.

Today I want to tell you another side of Stehly that most people never hear much about; She will do ANYTHING for a friend. I could go on and on about her kindness and generosity. She has literally spent thousands of dollars of her own money (not campaign donations) putting out mailers and updates to citizens, because she felt it was the right thing to do. She has tended to the sick and dying spending numerous hours each week visiting people in the hospital and hospice. She probably spends another 20 hours a week responding to citizens questions and needs and is constantly trying to get transparent answers from public officials.

Theresa and I don’t always agree, in fact we have been in a disagreement about how she has been running her campaign, but that is what makes her a good friend. When most people disagree and they blow it off, it means they really don’t care about your point of view OR you personally. When I argue with Theresa (and many of her close friends do) I know it is because she cares about your point of view, which means she cares about you.

She often tells me and the media when she does things for the community, it is because she wants to give them a ‘big hug’.

Theresa may be a bit controversial and outspoken but she certainly isn’t deceptive in her ways, she does those things to bring issues to the forefront.

I bet if I took the time I could find a financial benefit every single councilor has received that has served on the council since the Home Rule Charter started except for Stehly (Brekke, Staggers & Starr). Theresa has never financially benefitted from being a citizen activist or councilor, like I said above, it has actually cost her money.

Theresa does all these things because she loves people and wants to help. That’s it! NO hidden agenda, no backdoor schemes, no financial benefits simply because of her belief in others and having good government.

There is a lot you can say about how Theresa approaches things and it may not be as polished as we would like, but I know as her friend, she does it because she loves us and that love is something that lacks these days in city government, we need 4 more years of her love and support.

Re-Elect my friend Theresa Stehly, there really isn’t another choice.

#1 Matthew Paulson on 05.31.20 at 11:31 am

When other councilors endorse council candidates, that’s “unethical” according to Janet Brekke, but when she does it, it’s now okay? Hmmm…

#2 l3wis on 05.31.20 at 11:54 am

Janet was ASKING the Ethics board if they felt it was ethical. They said it was. She is just trusting the advice of the board. Remember, Janet asked for this opinion BEFORE endorsing Theresa, many of her fellow councilors and mayor didn’t bother to get that opinion before endorsing candidates. There is a difference sport.

#3 D@ily Spin on 05.31.20 at 12:15 pm

I too am acquainted with Stehly. It upsets some that she has been so active on the council. Everyone has an opinion. I feel she is ‘at large’ because she takes the majority into account. At times she’s to passionate but those times seem to be when the council made a mistake. She’s important as one of the three who cannot be manipulated by special interests. I’ll be sure and vote for her. It makes Election Day important for me when I can recognize her for her public service, honesty, and compassion.

#4 Fear & Loathing in Sioux Falls on 05.31.20 at 1:02 pm

Matt’s back! The campaign must be over with.

#5 "Very Stable Genius" on 05.31.20 at 1:06 pm

If you’re pro-Bunker Ramp, then vote for Alex!. If not so much, then vote for Theresa.

#6 Steve on 05.31.20 at 1:34 pm

I would much rather have a person like Theresa being vocal, connecting with and fighting for the citizens than a Councilor that is rarely seen unless it is just for a photo op or when they show up for Council meetings to kiss the Mayor’s backside.

#7 My T Ed on 05.31.20 at 4:57 pm

As a former SF resident I like to keep an eye on my former hometown. I guess I have a problem with Mr. Jensen’s assertion that he will change the council immediately if he is elected. It sounds like code for ‘I’ll go along with a certain segment of the council and you’ll only hear me support whatever they do’. His website also indicates that he is another seat warmer for whatever the mayor wants to do. I don’t know Stehly but I appreciate people who think for themselves and speak for their constituents.

#8 Agitator on 05.31.20 at 7:01 pm

Suck it up Matt! What is it you don’t understand? Everybody knows Jensen was a yes man forGovernor Dennis! Everything was yes sir Mr. Dugaard. Hence the mouth shaped like a peeled banana!

#9 Jeremy on 05.31.20 at 7:30 pm

Pro Bunker Ramp here! Voted for Alex!

#10 sala6 on 05.31.20 at 10:06 pm

Pro Stehley a voice for the people.Already voted for her.

#11 Fear & Loathing in Sioux Falls on 05.31.20 at 10:44 pm

Jeremy mostly needs the Bunker Ramp for the race war. It was all a part of the plan from day one.

#12 "Woodstock" on 05.31.20 at 11:53 pm

“I bet Jeremy knows Mike”…

#13 $10,000 Donation on 06.01.20 at 11:02 am

dennis daugaard’s donation to the alex jensen campaign

and, you don’t think he won’t expect something in return!!??

#14 "Very Stable Genius" on 06.01.20 at 5:11 pm

Here’s a good one. I just got a robocall from Alex Jensen, but my caller ID said it was a call from Rapid City 605-646-1032.

( and Woodstock adds: “But maybe like other Republicans, he doesn’t reside where he’s running”….)

#15 Steve on 06.01.20 at 9:23 pm

I see that my phone shows a robocall from that same number at 5:17 pm. I’m so thankful I was out shoveling landscape rock and feel so lucky that I missed the call. I don’t answer phone numbers that I don’t recognize anyway.

#16 "Very Stable Genius" on 06.02.20 at 11:48 am

I just voted and none of the poll workers, who were all elderly, wore masks. #WhatTheHell