Is Herseth Sandlin headed for Washington?

When Stephanie was appointed as Augie’s President the first words out of my mouth were, “This is temporary.” And my prediction may be correct.

I don’t think Stephanie is headed for a job as a Fed in the state or as a judge, I think she is moving to Washington to work at the DOJ. What that appointment may be is still up in the air, but I don’t expect her to stay here.

I guess we will know more over the next couple of days or weeks, but as George Bailey famously said, “I’m shakin’ the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I’m gonna see the world.”

Sioux Falls and South Dakota is way too small for Steffy.

#1 Very Stable Genius on 02.15.21 at 11:03 pm

If she goes to the DOJ won’t it be awkward, if she then has to defend ObamaCare? Or, even as a federal judge?

And what’s wrong with Augie’s “Difference” anyway, has she become indifferent? Or, has she, and is that why she is now ready to defend ObamaCare?

Or maybe, thanks to the Qanon Shaman, Vikings are just not cool anymore. #ABlueDogReturns #NorweigianWoodNoMore

#2 rufusx on 02.16.21 at 8:42 am

Federal Judges are NOT part of the DOJ. Good grief – does any genius here (stable or not) actually know how the Federal government works?

#3 The Guy From Guernsey on 02.16.21 at 8:46 am

I see an appointment to a soon-to-vacant federal judgeship in the U.S. Court, District of South Dakota.
This U.S. Court District is surprisingly full of those appointed by Dem Presidents. Shrewd moves like this (retirement of Dem appointee during Dem administration; subsequent appointment of relatively young Dem to the position) keep it that way.

#4 The Guy From Guernsey on 02.16.21 at 8:51 am

Is Gassen as horny as was Kelby to have an NCAA D I school in town?
Without the juice from KK and Sanford Health, the leap for Augie to D I will be a greater stretch (perhaps no longer possible/advisable).

#5 l3wis on 02.16.21 at 10:55 am

Ruf, thanks for the newsflash. No sh!t Sherlock, my point is she won’t take the judgeship, I think she angling for a job in DC at the DOJ.

#6 scott on 02.16.21 at 4:56 pm

i’d say without kelby writing the checks, sanford won’t be bankrolling augie’s move to d1. they aren’t even sponsoring kelo’s weather radar anymore.

#7 c on 02.17.21 at 12:50 pm

— The Washington Times 2-23-2017
Former U.S. Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin says her new position as the 24th president of Augustana University is a “true calling” and she is “done seeking political office.”

#8 LJL on 02.17.21 at 9:06 pm

My oldest child played baseball with their kid and Mr Sandlin was the coach. He won’t be missed. Utterly a childish person.

We can only hope they take Stu Whitney with them!

#9 The Guy From Guernsey on 02.18.21 at 3:01 pm

A high-water mark of many youth soccer coaches was to defeat a Whitney-coached team.