I will admit, Poops is good at one thing, suckering people. When I saw he would be talking about collaborative problem solving, I wondered if he was just the MC and someone else was doing the presentation.
Supposed leaders that have these skills usually don’t;
• Screwup a parking ramp project
• Censor public art
• Practically disband the code enforcement office
• Terminate almost all of their directors (some positions several times)
• Have no idea how to remediate dead monkeys
• Pay 4x more for a bridge as a handout to developers
• Pay $16 million for a refrigerated ice rink no one wants
• Is militantly ANTI-OPEN GOVERNMENT (this one alone should disqualify him as a speaker on this topic. No problems are solved in the dark . . . maybe a few 🙂
Not sure what kind of snow job Poops threw at these folks to get this gig, but prepare to be underwhelmed.
You can’t do anything ‘collaboratively’ when you make all the decisions like an Eastern Bloc Dictator.
Maybe that is the title of his presentation, ‘My way or the (Veterans Park) highway.’
I have been following city government for well over 20 years and ran this blog for over 15 years and I will have to admit, Poops is probably the worst mayor this city has ever seen, and that’s saying a lot considering the clown he followed to the office (he comes in at a close 2nd).
Everyone tries to blame MMM for PTH’s problems. Baloney. Once you were installed into that office, every decision made there is ON YOU! Inked contracts can be revoked by the newly installed mayor.
I also find it humorous that he said in a recent podcast that he doesn’t do many events like this locally because he needs to spend time with his kids. So I am assuming they will be coming with you on this trip? And maybe you can take in a drag show or gay pride event whilst visiting?