I think the question is, “Can I get a second?”

It’s amazing what the Chair of the Sioux Falls City Council tries to get away with when he does not want something discussed. MayorCam was in full force during this presentation and discussion of a simple reconsideration.

We will be going into more detail on the Powder House Road naming question in another video. Keep checking our postings. For now we want to illustrate how the Meeting Chair abuses the process when he does not get his way.

#1 matt johnson on 07.15.15 at 11:48 am

This was bad enough but did you see a city employee walk away from the microphone and then come back and ask Kermit if there was a question- yes there was a question- how much is the proposed building going to cost; is it more than a bread basket; do you have any clue additionally the chair should admonish any employee who has such disregard for any city counselor- he has no trouble admonishing the public

#2 Detroit Lewis on 07.15.15 at 12:26 pm

Chad does this to Kermit ALL OF THE TIME! If you don’t want to answer the question, just say, “I don’t know.” instead acting like an ass.

#3 The Daily Spin on 07.15.15 at 3:27 pm

Who enforces Robert’s Rules? The city says they abide. In fact, there’s so many infractions that any meeting could be rendered unconstitutional. Thus, any decision can be challeneed and potentially reversed.

#4 matt johnson on 07.15.15 at 5:32 pm

but why doesn’t the mayor say something to him for his disrespect? if I testify I had better be on my best behavior or I will be admonished (at a minimum) or chased down after the meeting by mmm

#5 Keytag on 07.16.15 at 10:37 pm

You would have thought that Kermit’s question – approximately how much will the building cost – should have been a point of discussion by Team Chad. I find it very hard to believe that he couldn’t or wouldn’t even provide a ‘WAG’ figure for the councillor. Mayor Mike and Chad have both been inoculated with the same condescending attitude. I am starting to believe what Mayor Mike has been saying that his administration will be the most transparent in history. One can clearly see these attitudes shining through on most any Tuesday

#6 Tuesdays at Carnegie on 07.17.15 at 10:09 am

I wish a mental health professional would weigh-in on the “in history” part of MMM’s comment.

It’s a regular part of his marketing drama.

#7 The Guy from Guernsey on 07.19.15 at 10:17 am

“We are going to allow the Second.”

How magnanimous !