Best SOUPS in Sioux Falls?

The Ukranian Borscht at Touch of Europe

Not sure what made me think of this list, but I thought I would compile it. Give me your 2-Cents.

1) Kaisen Soup – Sushi Masa (Seafood creature heaven)

2) Borscht – Touch of Europe (Beet vegetable soup)

3) Tomato Zucchini – Minervas (actually every downtown restaurant has stolen this recipe)

4) Gumbo – Bros (Spicy goodness)

5) Clam chowder – Outback (White, peppery and only available on the weekends)

6) Lobster Bisque – Crawfords

One of my memorable soups in Sioux Falls was served at a place called the Hamburger Shop (Parker’s resides there now) There Wisconsin cheese soup was to die for. I also like the liver soup at the Bohemian Cafe in Omaha.

#1 Pathloss on 08.12.12 at 11:28 pm

There’s a soup at Olive Garden. Special name, beefy tasting. Really good. If you go there, try it. Can’t say I like much else there.

#2 Poly43 on 08.13.12 at 7:17 am

Not sure what made me think of this list

I suspect the same thing that prompted my wife to make some home made chicken soup yesterday. I thought it odd to be eating soup in the middle of August on the heels of a long hot spell. Strange how a 50 degree morning in SD in August can feel so damn cold. Oh….and the home made soup, as always…was great.

#3 Angry Guy on 08.13.12 at 8:04 am

I’m pretty sure a soup should be disqualified from the list if all they have to do for prep is pour it out of a bag before it hits your bowl, PG.

#4 Angry Guy on 08.13.12 at 8:06 am

BTW, the French Onion soup at Foley’s is the best in town. I’d fist fight anyone who says different.

#5 Badbenboyenemy on 08.13.12 at 9:35 am

No Pho Quynh? This isn’t even a list without Pho listed!

I’m beginning to think the author of this site is completely insane, at least judging by the lack of his soup expertise.

#6 l3wis on 08.13.12 at 12:23 pm

Bad – This is why I asked you to contribute. AG – When I worked at the Olive Garden, the Pasta Figule (sp?) was made fresh, not sure if it is now though. Same with the clam chowder at Outback.

Poly, my grandma who I mention in the above post used to make homemade chicken noodle with hand rolled noodles and fresh chicken (they had a chicken farm) best ever, giblets and all.

#7 Big Guy on 08.14.12 at 7:50 am

What about beer cheese soup from Cookie Jar? Either homemade or fake, I think it is very good. By the way, I’m gonna pick up a bowl for lunch today. :)

#8 Detroit Lewis on 08.14.12 at 9:23 am

Big Guy, I have heard those rumors.