Local news funnies

I love it when these slip by on live news, luckily they replay online so Detroit can screenshot. As Jerry Seinfeld would say, ‘And you want to be my latex salesman!’

#1 Very Stable Genius on 01.11.22 at 10:25 pm

But here is the best local media blooper of all time:

Then there was also that time (2006 or 07) on KDLT or KSFY when the RHS football bus coming back from RC had a little to much fun with a female high school fan and the anchorwomen read the summons complaint involving activities on that bus, where she fully uttered the “BJ” word. (What?! Shocking!!)

I also remember in the early 1990s, when a weekend crew at KDLT, I think, where doing a story about a recent local Rhodes Scholar recipient. Except, the backdrop for the story showed a black road with white markers and a caption which read: “Road Scholar”. True story. I am not kidding. I guess not everyone can be a “Roads” Scholar, huh?

But let’s not also forget about this Holiday cheer either:

But I guess we are all human, right?

( and Woodstock adds: “Ya, they were definitely ‘human’ on that bus trip”…. “Did they win the game, too?”…. )

#2 l3wis on 01.11.22 at 11:02 pm

All I can think is strap ons with condoms. Must be double safe.

#3 Fear & Loathing in Sioux Falls on 01.11.22 at 11:37 pm

That’s called redundancy in the aerospace industry. Best to be safe. Because if your altitude begins to collapse, it offers one last chance to get it going again. #MileHighClub #TeenyHighBallBottles #Cleared4Take-off #TurbulenceAhead #Prepare4Landing #Airstrip #Gate69

#4 Watching from the Deep South on 01.12.22 at 1:22 pm

“All I can think is strap ons with condoms. Must be double safe.”

Is that the same as wearing two masks?

#5 Just how Deep are you? on 01.12.22 at 6:57 pm

Masks are meant to protect others from you. Condoms are meant to protect each other. A strap-on with a mask, however, would look like Pinocchio in a pandemic.

#6 LJL on 01.15.22 at 9:16 am