Sioux Falls is a great place to live and raise a family. Our current Councilman has done a great job representing the central district and I wish to continue his tradition of fighting to keep taxes down and representing you.
Keep taxes low
Penny increases in taxes seem like little things now, but when these little increases are added up it can be more than we bargained for. In our current economic times finances are tough for many people, and it would not serve their interests to unfairly burden them by asking for more money, no matter how small it may seem. Low taxes are what has helped Sioux Falls grow, so let’s keep them down where they belong.
• I will work to stop any tax increases. Higher taxes leads to larger government, which needs more taxes to support itself.
• Sioux Falls enjoys a low tax rate, let’s keep it that way.
Be fiscally responsible
The money the city has is not it’s own, it is from us the tax payers. As such it should be spent in the same manner we spend our own income, with thought and foresight. Taxes have been raised to pay for this or that and in the meantime the condition of our roads has deteriorated. Where will the money come from to pay for the repairs? Another increase in taxes is my bet, but I want to address the budget and make adjustments where we can so that taxes will not need to be raised.
• Before raising taxes we need to see where we can save money.
• It’s not the cities money, I will be as economical with taxpayer money as I can.
It would be a great addition to the city, but we simply cannot afford it. Sioux Falls has grown without a new event center and it will continue to do so because this is a great place to live and work.
Listening to you
Serving on the City Council is a privilege, and it would be my honor to serve. The City Council is there for you, and all the councilors should be available to meet with the public when needed or asked so we may better serve you.
• We need councilors that will not be doing things other than listening to the great people of Sioux Falls.
• Always available to listen to your concerns. I know how frustrating it is trying to communicate with an elected official, only to eventually get a form letter or simply be ignored. I guarantee that will not happen.
If you have any questions about a particular issue I would be very happy to talk with you about your it, so feel free to email me at James_Milne@live.com or call me at 605-553-7102. I promise to get back to you in a timely manner.