Maybe if the zoo mounts were part of a food truck they would continue to cover it?
After this last week’s presser on the zoo mounts in which Paul chided the media about all the coverage, the media has been strangely quiet since.
I know, I know, there wasn’t a donation from Sanford or rejected mural designs this week, so it has been slow, but why not some followup stories;
• Speak with National and International Natural History Experts
• Talk with legislators about changing state law
• Interview ALL city councilors about their feelings on it
• When is it appropriate to have Executive Sessions? And what can be discussed?
• Elected leaders control of the media (this would be the best story).
• If not being disposed of in the landfill, where? (I think they will be cremated, which is really no different then throwing them in the dump).
It amazes me, that ONE elected official (out of 9) can just smack the media around for a couple of seconds at a press conference and the story runs cold. You could do HUNDREDS of stories about taxidermy, natural history, city history, open government, and the list goes on.
CITY OF SIOUX FALLS & DOWNTOWN SIOUX FALLS MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY WITH BUNKER RAMP MURAL
Every time I hear anything about the Bunker Ramp and Mural, I just shake my head because of a missed opportunity. I have been stating for a couple of years that you could put a BUILDING WRAP on the ramp that would advertise all the DTSF businesses. The best part is you could pay for the wrap with ad revenue and when the building is leased or sold, you simply roll it up and dispose of it.
NO RUINED ART! NO DRAMA!
While I haven’t priced one of these in a long time, my guess is it would be cheaper then the $30K it is taking to put up a mural (original art that will be destroyed). You could also incorporate images of DTSF intertwined into the piece.
With all the people working at city hall from media and marketing you would think at least one of them would have raised their hands and said, “Why not a building wrap?”
Oh that’s right, the ONE in ONE Sioux Falls stands for the only person making decisions in this city. No wonder he is stressed!