ADD it up! Build it Now spends almost $300,000 on campaign

Funny how private investors have all kinds of money to lobby the public to pay for this project , but seem to be broke when it comes to sharing the expense of the building itself with private sponsorship.

This alone should tell the public the kind of snow job we are being sold.

#1 cr on 11.03.11 at 8:50 pm

I had to smile when I saw on KELO News that the opposition has $5.24 left in their account for the rest of the campaign………..

and BIN amassed almost a quarter of a million dollars and has $30,000 left to spend!!

It’s refreshing to see that sometimes it’s NOT all about the money…..

After following this issue for the past six years, my prediction is…………..

this goes DOWN TO DEFEAT on Tuesday………!!!!

#2 l3wis on 11.03.11 at 9:08 pm

I enjoyed Jen’s commentary about Turbak’s VOICES column;

This line made me think of someone else;

“But after two years of being told to slash your budgets and no money for raises because benefits costs are too high and the economy was bad, the timing of this good news message seems pretty suspect – 4 days before the election. Votes!!!”

Remember when an ethics complaint was filed against Kermit for sending out a letter to city employees? He got slapped with an ethics complaint, and then a witch hunt ensued. When Huether pulls this shit, he grabs everyone by the balls, tells them to STFU and the complaint gets thrown out. Even if the EC fails, I think the public should flood the ethics board with complaints of all kinds. The lack of transparency and corruption is getting a little old.

#3 cornholio on 11.03.11 at 9:43 pm

The bullshit just gets deeper and deeper:

#4 Joan on 11.03.11 at 9:48 pm

cr, I hope you are right.

#5 l3wis on 11.03.11 at 9:53 pm

Corn – Interesting that he is supporting rejection. Do you think he got a bonus for that column?

I like how he claimed negativity towards the mayor as the issue. Here’s the deal, nobody hates Mike, it has nothing to do with him, it has to do with his actions, or lack there of, of transparency. Does that make him a bad person? That is for you to decide. But please, stop painting him as some fucking martyr.

#6 Andy on 11.03.11 at 10:12 pm

I would like to be a consultant.

#7 cornholio on 11.03.11 at 10:20 pm

Amen, 13wis.

Win or lose, think he’ll cry on camera Tuesday night?

#8 l3wis on 11.03.11 at 10:34 pm

LMFAO-LMFAO-LMFAO-LMFAO!

Guaranteed!

#9 Pam on 11.03.11 at 10:37 pm

The money that’s been spent on this issue to influence the vote is astonishing. Too many people out there that don’t know or don’t understand the issues or ramifications. I predict passage. Mayor and this council will be long gone when all the financial problems start surfacing. Somebody else will be cleaning up this mess.

#10 rex on 11.03.11 at 10:51 pm

I hope it fails.

#11 Poly43 on 11.03.11 at 11:26 pm

After following this issue for the past six years, my prediction is…………..

this goes DOWN TO DEFEAT on Tuesday………!!!!

cr…I admire you and T.S. a great deal for what you have done in this fight and other fights. Based on your front line experience…why do you feel it will fail?

#12 Dave R on 11.04.11 at 12:39 am

Anecdotally, almost everyone I talk to is against the EC. I voted early against it, and am optomistic.

I think those pro-EC radio ads may actually be counterproductive. They’re terrible. The voice actors do a great job of expressing petulance…

#13 Analog Kid on 11.04.11 at 12:44 am

Interesting article from Rob Swenson. If I understand correctly his attitude of SF dragging its feet with the trends is on par with his haircut?

#14 l3wis on 11.04.11 at 5:33 am

Personally I like his big bushy red mustache. Are you sure he isn’t a police captain?

#15 scott on 11.04.11 at 8:00 am

i’m voting no to keep the black eyed peas out. btw, did they play fargo or sioux city? didn’t think so.

#16 Scott on 11.04.11 at 8:04 am

And if they had played here, they would have drawn the same 5,500 that every other show attracts. Faildozer!

#17 anooner on 11.04.11 at 8:47 am

90K plus on “consulting”? wtf?

#18 l3wis on 11.04.11 at 9:00 am

Not a bad gig, Huh? And I betcha Knuth has a bonus writer also if this thing passes. That can be anywhere from $10,000-$100,000.

#19 Analog Kid on 11.04.11 at 12:09 pm

Hey as long as they are playing dirty, who knows, maybe the system is so messed up we can all vote a 2nd time on the 8th?? It’s worth a try. I’m doing it for the snow gates.

#20 rufusx on 11.04.11 at 6:33 pm

Yeah – I USED TO be one of those “marketing consultant” characters. Sweet gig – in addition to just flat getting paid to “consult” usually “recommended” the “vendor”, “printer”, and “advertising” folks to be used and paid (cough, cough, 15%, cough, cough).

#21 l3wis on 11.04.11 at 10:45 pm

Graphic design is the same way, I have very little expenses.