Besides the obvious signs, like very few absentee ballots coming in and early voting, there are some factors that may make this election a dud when it comes to people voting.
Just look at what the school district did, saying very little except on their website that there were 2 seats up for the school board and NO one challenged the incumbents.
The same could be said about the city’s role;
• Very little notice about voting registration or a sample ballot being provided only a couple of days before registration deadline and early voting started.
• A popular incumbent mayor who most people think will win with or without their vote (the mayor’s race is usually the driving force for people to vote).
• Several candidates with little name recognition. Most people have trouble naming our current council let alone new people running for the office.
• While the media has done several interviews with candidates, they have done barely any stories why it is important to vote in a local election.
• Luckily we have tons of great candidates running and remember Vote NO on both charter amendments and YES to Brekke, Pam Cole, Reistroffer and Ingle for council.