UPDATED: The AL’s editorial is about ‘Listening to the Public’ then they delete my FB comment

UPDATE: I see my comment returned after its 24-hour hiatus. Funny how those things work out.

So apparently, the city council needs to listen to the public, but the newspaper and it’s readers do not have to.

I commented on this story, VIA Facebook, and a couple of hours later the comment was deleted from THEIR site, but still exists on my FB Page (Below).

#1 scott on 01.13.13 at 8:59 pm

i get stuff deleted all the time. they don’t like it when you question the them at all. and they wonder why people keep canceling their subscriptions.

#2 l3wis on 01.14.13 at 3:08 pm

I didn’t think my comment was controversial at all. I see they returned it after the story is buried on some other page now.

#3 Craig on 01.14.13 at 5:00 pm

I’d love to pick on the Argus for this, but truthfully Facebook comments have a way of appearing and disappearing at random times. I’ve seen it on a number of sites and sometimes if you log out of your own Facebook account and come back, the comments will reappear. Log back in and the comments disappear again.

I’m not saying they NEVER delete or moderate comments, but I wouldn’t be so quick to assume it was intentional.

#4 Detroit Lewis on 01.14.13 at 7:28 pm

Craig, I was kinda thinking the same thing after posting this, but I still find it strange that the comments would appear on my FB page but not on the Argus.

#5 John on 01.14.13 at 9:43 pm

The folks at the Argus follower made their paper irrelevant or far less relevant in the marketplace of city and state ideas when they hitched to the FB comment nonsense. It’s just a matter of time until a SD successful non-profit e-paper makes a go of it as is the case in Minneapolis, Seattle, and many other cities.

#6 Detroit Lewis on 01.14.13 at 9:58 pm

John, I think I know the publications you are talking about, but please, inform my readers;

#7 Pathloss on 01.16.13 at 11:20 am

Nobody reads the Argus anymore. it’s expensive and content is poor. I come here to find the truth. There’s freedom of speech but the Argus goes along with Huether tyranny and lies.