UPDATE: KELO-TV Interview

I was interviewed today for a story, I believe it will air Monday night, 10 PM news, ‘Eye on Kelo-land’ about why people are so rude online. Blogs, FB, etc.

I thought the interview went well. Angela also interviewed a journalism professor and a ‘former’ city councilor. I won’t give the story away . . .

#1 Lamb Chislic on 02.21.13 at 2:57 pm

First, Hudson in the Argus. Now, you on KELO?!?

The apocalypse is near!

#2 Scott on 02.21.13 at 3:47 pm

Scary, right?

#3 l3wis on 02.21.13 at 3:50 pm

Trust me, they did not let me anywhere near the weather room.

#4 scott on 02.21.13 at 3:55 pm

You’re piece will probably be bumped due to extended coverage of the inch of snow we are supposed to get. On a related note, Galen Huber supposedly told the KELO girl that the city is looking at testing snow gates for a 4th year.

#5 Detroit Lewis on 02.21.13 at 4:05 pm

Do you think if we test them for the next 20 years we will have enough Data to prove global warming really does exist?

#6 Winston on 02.22.13 at 8:45 am

Perhaps their concern comes from the fact that blogging is the free flow of information and discussion removed from the control of a news producer and/or a paper editor and such possibilities are a threat to their assumed domain.

Blogging is a “letter to the editor”or “man on the street” without the middleman… Establishment, welcome to the 21st century!

#7 Scott on 02.22.13 at 11:07 am

Old media HATES new media, as they can’t control it and they have no idea how to assimilate.

#8 Winston on 02.22.13 at 3:36 pm

Assimilation means legitimatizing others and the “old media” are unwilling to go there. They would rather hide in their brick and mortar world.

#9 rufusx on 02.23.13 at 10:43 am

I think that the term “new mdia” has become has misused as any of the content on it. The media itselgf is content neutral. It is really the new METHOD – or inconsistencies thereof – that is the issue. Some would say it is undisciplined – and therefore unreliable. But – but – I saw it on the Internets!!!! How can it NOT be the media’s fault?

#10 rufusx on 02.23.13 at 10:45 am

It’s like saying the quality of a painting is just a reflection of the media (canvas vs. a recycled cereal box) and the canvas is jealous.

#11 Pathloss on 02.23.13 at 9:31 pm

Snowgates didn’t come here. I’m calling the ACLU. First a black president, now this. We don’t need a snowgates election because Huether wants to cater to the upper class without concern for seniors or those trying to get out of their driveways to jobs at the call centers.

#12 Pathloss on 02.23.13 at 9:36 pm

Urpbucket should pay attention. There’s nobody to empty bedpans at Sanford if they can’t get to work.

#13 Winston on 02.23.13 at 10:46 pm

The “Internets” are the wild west of our time. Go West young man! (Ladies too!)

#14 Sy on 02.25.13 at 11:31 pm

L3wis: “using them as political plops..er politcal props…”

I needed a couple of these after that interview;

#15 Scott on 02.26.13 at 9:07 am

The only person who came off poorly in that terrible story (besides Kan-She-Eat) is Vernon Brown. What a whiny bitch.

#16 scott on 02.26.13 at 10:16 am

If Vern ever wants to be mayor, he need to get a thick skin.

#17 anominous on 02.26.13 at 11:03 am

KELO finally summons the courage to do a story reporting racism in Sioux Falls, then they blithely rename it “rudeness”. Well done.

#18 Detroit Lewis on 03.04.13 at 5:10 pm

Anon, you make me laugh so hard . . . .