Nick Weiland ‘softly’ announces he is running for mayor of Sioux Falls

Nick is the son of political activist Rick Weiland.

#1 Robert Mehling on 01.11.17 at 11:38 am

Is this public on Facebook?

#2 l3wis on 01.11.17 at 12:10 pm

Yes, and I have spoken with Nick about posting this. He is running.

#3 The Blogger Formerly Known as "Winston" on 01.11.17 at 12:36 pm

Well, good for him. He comes from a good political family. Although, he sounds more like the Larry, than the Rick, of 2014 in his announcement…..jk……. (Or, is that the Mayor’s playbook….. I am confused ??? )

I don’t think plowing, sweeping streets, and fighting crime knows any ideology. It is just common sense; and a demonstrative example of knowing the purpose and mission of what government should be all about at the local level….

#4 Bruce on 01.11.17 at 12:42 pm

It’s nice to know he is running as an independent in our non-political campaign process. Why bring political party into this race, especially now?

#5 The D@ily Spin on 01.11.17 at 1:54 pm

Anybody for mayor. So long as it’s not one of the Three Stooges L Ron Huether councilor cult.

#6 Sierra on 01.11.17 at 9:53 pm

I support greg jamison for mayor go greg go

#7 Judy Judy Judy on 01.11.17 at 9:56 pm

Someone should inform Mr. Wieland all Sioux Falls elections are non-partisan races and candidates do not run as a member of any party nor as an independent. You would think someone interested enough in the City to run for Mayor would know this.

#8 Nick Weiland on 01.12.17 at 12:57 pm

Judy Judy Judy, I put independent next to my name because I know people will associate my last name with my fathers, who is a Democrat, I am an independent and wanted to make sure that was made clear from the start.

#9 l3wis on 01.12.17 at 2:13 pm

The Sioux Falls Mayoral Race will be non-partisan since all of the candidates will be Republican.

#10 moses on 01.12.17 at 7:14 pm

is it time for moses6

#11 LJL on 01.12.17 at 8:35 pm

HMMMM… Interesting Facebook page. I guess your a Bernie kinda Indy.

You, Bernie and MMM have the right idea. Just rebrand yourselves. BRILLIANT.

Best of luck to you sir.

#12 anominous on 01.13.17 at 2:40 pm

Maybe someone like Jim Abbott should run for mayor of Sioux Falls. You know, someone who was known and respected by folks from either party.