Wet dead tree

A South Dacola foot soldier sent me this photo of his wet newspaper. He says it happens quite often. I asked him if it was bagged? He said it was, but they don’t tie the ends or the bag has holes in it so the water gets right in. Ah, nothing like pulling a wet paper out a wet bag.

There is one benefit of reading a wet paper, you can see pages 1-3 without even turning a page :)

Instead of focusing on ‘investigative reporting’ I suggest they ‘investigate’ how their carriers are delivering papers.

#1 Testor15 on 08.09.12 at 8:09 am

I quit taking the Paywall Leader years ago when the delivery people could not find my newspaper box attached to my house. The paper would be thrown somewhere on the property often buried in the snow when actually found.

I made their delivery coordinator come to my house and dig it out for me several times. Finally they told me to go outside dig around and I informed them I no longer needed to read their paper.

#2 l3wis on 08.09.12 at 8:18 am

I used to get the local paper also, but I noticed on days of inclement weather I wouldn’t get it or it would come later in the day (when I was already at work). And when I would call and complain about it I was transferred to a call center that wasn’t even in SF. Huh?

I did get a NY Times Sunday subscription for about 6 months (I cancelled it, because it would take me forever to read it, and they started piling up). I found it ironic how they rarely missed a delivery, even in inclement weather, and It was always on my FRONT step early Sunday morning. And if you received the paper late or not at all (which only happened once) they credited my account, no questions asked.

#3 anominous on 08.09.12 at 8:42 am

Might as well just dry it out. The news in it is 5 days old already, what’s another 2 days?

#4 l3wis on 08.09.12 at 8:47 am

ZINNNNNNNNNNNNG!

#5 Testor15 on 08.09.12 at 9:51 am

Might as well read the USA Today for the same ‘news’. The 50 state summary page gives about as much ‘news’ about South Dakota as all of the PayWall Leader.

#6 l3wis on 08.09.12 at 9:53 pm

Another POS rag.

#7 Scooter on 08.18.12 at 10:41 am

Another wet paper today. I told the Gannet representative that I was cancelling my weekly paper because calling them was less full filling than talking to a wall. They don’t care, so I told them they will no longer get my money.

I would suggest that everyone that gets a wet paper, toss the same wet rag in front of Argus Leader’s front door. Maybe then, they will get the message.

#8 l3wis on 08.18.12 at 10:04 pm

You finally figured it out, should have cancelled that months ago.

#9 l3wis on 08.18.12 at 10:05 pm

I am also sure the AL will figure out how to make their online version wet and unreadable also.