Have you had a heaping helping of BS today?

Well I am here to serve it up. A SouthDaCola foot soldier sent me this ‘Fact Sheet’ written by the good doctor(?) Allen Unruh. After reading it, I realized that it was the script he was reading from when he was on KCPO’s Sunday Political comedy show, The Facts.

I suppose he does make a few valid points, but who knows, since he doesn’t back any of the statements up with footnotes on where he got the information. It’s kind of like saying Abstinence education works because Allen’s wife says so.

I would like to remind Allen that in a recent NY Times poll, 72% of Americans support a National insurance plan, and 57% would be willing to pay more taxes for it. If you don’t want to be a part of the plan, don’t enroll. Seems pretty simple to me. But how can we bash Obama and the congressional Democrats if we don’t lie?

sd-tea-party-619

sd-tea-party-6192

#1 redhatterb on 06.25.09 at 7:48 pm

It sounds like something the Unruhs would come up with. I wish there was some way to have their kids prove that they were abstinant until marriage. lol. I do realize some young people do remain abstinant, but it isn’t realistic to expect them to, therefore they should be taught comprehensive sex ed.

#2 Ghost of Dude on 06.26.09 at 6:24 am

I love how he claims a big percentage are illegal aliens, but then the actual quote only says immigrants. Way to whip up the wingnuts, Doc.
He also doesn’t do a very good job of giving the people he quotes any credentials. Why the hell should I trust the former LT. Gov of NY?

#3 Costner on 06.26.09 at 7:35 am

These same talking points were read almost verbatim on Rush’s show a few weeks back. I don’t know who the original author is, but unless I get some source material I’m not accepting it at face value.

Besides – even if people can get insurance a lot of the time it is just too damn expensive. Sometimes that is the case even if you get insurance from an employer. I’m sure a national insurance program isn’t for everyone, but not everyone has to use it either.

Socialize medicine all you wish for all I care – and while they are at it they can go ahead and ration it too. Sorry, but I don’t think it makes sense to spend $300,000 on cancer treatments for someone who is 84 years old. Call me a cold bastard, but there comes a point where the return on investment just doesn’t make sense, and you can’t bitch about the price of medical care or insurance and then expect everything to be covered no questions asked.

#4 Randall on 06.26.09 at 7:53 am

So this whole thing boils down to an advertisement for another tea-bagging?

I went to the last one and found out I shaved my nuts for nothing!

#5 Ghost of Dude on 06.26.09 at 8:13 am

That would be a great sign to take to the next teabagger rally. “I shaved my nuts for THIS?”

Looks like I’ll be in town for it after all, so if I’m not busy catching a baby, I may just do it.

#6 John on 06.26.09 at 8:19 am

I keep hearing that 45% of uninsured are without healthcare for 4 months or less. Where does this BS come from?

If I want my back craked I’ll go to Al. But if I need real medical I will be at my Doctor. Board Certified.

#7 John on 06.26.09 at 8:21 am

Ghost- “The Government made me shave my nut for Allen”

“Al Loves a clean shaven man”

#8 Helga on 06.26.09 at 11:42 pm

Allen and Leslie pull this stuff from where the sun don’t shine. This web page has some facts they should study but that would ruin their tea party. http://www.amsa.org/uhc/MythsAboutUninsured.pdf

#9 Randall on 06.28.09 at 5:58 am

Helga: thank you for the link – that was very informative.

#10 Randall on 06.28.09 at 6:00 am

and to “Dr.” Unruh, all I have to say is:

Oooh eeee oooh ah ah
ting tang
walla walla
bing bang
oooh eeee oooh ah ah
ting tang
walla walla
bing bang

#11 l3wis on 06.28.09 at 7:52 am

Randall-

LMAO!

#12 Ghost of Dude on 06.29.09 at 9:25 am

Did he shrink your head?