Mike Myers to challenge John Thune?

myers

I guess Mr. Myers has been throwing the idea around. I like it. Let’s admit it, he will pound Ironic Johnny on Obamacare, and the Healthcare industrial Complex. The one thing I would hope Mike considers is running as the Democratic candidate. Even this hardcore Indy would love to see him get party support.

Over the past couple of years I have gotten to know Mike. He is dynamic. I can’t tell you the amount of stimulating conversations we have had. His biting cynicism makes me jealous. His grasp of the issues is mammoth. I say, send the old man to DC.

#1 Huether for Governor on 09.08.15 at 9:45 pm

Who will Mike’s campaign manager be? Does he have a team lined up?

#2 The D@ily Spin on 09.09.15 at 7:25 am

Can’t make it without PAC money but worth a try.

#3 THC on 09.09.15 at 7:55 am

If he runs, the winner should be determined by an ultimate fitness challenge. Mike is about 20 years John’s senior, but could probably keep up. Push up challenges will be in order.

#4 Damn, now that’s funny. | South Dakota War College on 09.09.15 at 8:07 am

[…] Headline over at SouthDaCola:  Mike Myers to challenge John Thune? […]

#5 Voter on 09.09.15 at 2:58 pm

I am a well-informed voter.

I never miss the opportunity to vote.

I would seriously consider voting for Mike Myers.

Thune beat U.S. Senate Majority Leader Daschle in 2004, so just maybe it’s not so far fetched that Myers could beat Thune.

#6 Richard Schriever on 09.09.15 at 9:10 pm

Thune is nothing today if not the very Washington insider he ran his campaign against when defeating Daschle.

#7 anominous on 09.10.15 at 11:36 am

At least he would provide entertaining debates, compared to the meek silence SD democrats offered last time around.

#8 Dems still short a candidate for the top South Dakota office this election. | South Dakota War College on 10.22.15 at 9:34 am

[…] challengers against Thune, that leaves Mike “Professor Push-ups” Myers who is still thinking about a candidacy, in-between attempts of trying to sound coherent.  I wish him all the luck in the world with […]