Pile it up with all of the other bullshit..

The Obamas finally picked a breed.

I guess all that talk of rescuing a dog was smoke being blown up our asses to make him seem like an Average Joe. They should have just gone to a shelter and picked a mutt to save, instead of perpetuating the notion that a pure-breed is somehow superior. They will end up paying $2000 or more for a puppy, when the rest of the country is in a recession.

#1 Warren Phear on 02.25.09 at 11:00 am

A little early call on this one l3wis. The Obama kids have allergies, so the breed had to be narrowed down to a select few. I thought they’d choose Labradoodle, but this breed fits the kind of dog they can have. Where did it say they would pay $2000 for this dog? The first paragraph said it would be a rescued dog from a shelter. Or did I read that wrong?

#2 Angry Guy on 02.25.09 at 11:26 am

I’m not DL.

“Portuguese Water Dogs are a fairly rare breed similar to poodles that have become popular in recent years because they don’t shed.”
This isn’t like a Lab. People don’t drop a rare breed dog off at a shelter. There are resuce programs for this breed but the Googles say there aren’t any avaible.

The Obamas will be resucuing their dog alright, from a profit motivated breeder or a puppy mill and not a shelter like they say.

#3 l3wis on 02.25.09 at 12:26 pm

Warren- To clarify, I have other contributors, you can see who posts at the top.

I think they should have gotten a pitbull, plenty of them available for adoption, and they don’t shed much. They do like to chew on shit though, especially antiques.

#4 l3wis on 02.25.09 at 12:49 pm

BTW, AG, I was gonna ask, is the above picture a screen shot of the final scene in “Marley and Me.”?

#5 Angry Guy on 02.25.09 at 1:11 pm

Actually, its an image from the aftermath of the Wrap Party.

#6 Ghost of Dude on 02.25.09 at 1:54 pm

Damn wrappers and their low pants and hippity-hop music.

#7 Angry Guy on 02.25.09 at 2:45 pm

Settle down, G-Dawg.

#8 Warren Phear on 02.25.09 at 3:16 pm

l3wis. I know you have several posters here who can open a topic. I guess I committed the cardinal sin of assuming when I read the story since you start most of them. I should have realized by the tone of the starter of this topic it was not you.

My bad.

I still believe this dog will be a rescued dog of some manner, and not one they’ll have to shell out $2,000 for, or come from a puppy mill.

#9 l3wis on 02.25.09 at 3:33 pm

I agree Warren, ever since Obama was endorsed by the Humane Society, I hardly doubt he would go looking for a dog from a private breeder. If he did, FAUX news would have a hayday with it for weeks.

#10 Ghost of Dude on 02.25.09 at 3:35 pm

Settle down, G-Dawg.

Calmer than you are.

#11 Angry Guy on 02.25.09 at 3:45 pm

They’ll call it a rescue regardless of where he gets it. Spin, baby, spin.